Revell DH-Sea Venom 1/32

TaffyMan

Okay I'm there, another one done ……. or as done as I'm going to do it. :yahoo:

Got all the bits stuck on that I had made up, aerials, booster rockets and nearly forgot the IFF aerial that I had knocked off earlier.

So that left the front screen wiper! Could have sworn I'd seen one in the kit….. but looked couldn't find it checked the sprue's ……. nothing.

So after looking at some of the builds on the web I can see there are quite a few without it? So concluded, there isn't one in the kit. :(

As this is quite prominent decided to scratch one up … bit brass U and some thin plastic, some paint, sorted that out. Stuck in place and she's done.

Next thing to sort, is some kind of base to mount her on too. Been trying to find some nice blocks of hard wood but just couldn't find anything in my locality so it was off to Wicks to buy some soft wood timber. After much rubbing and cutting got this sorted too. I had some coloured wood varnish left over from doing the windows ready for winter….. so all done!!!! Ready for the glam RFI shots - COOL :yahoo:

First up a big thanks to all that helped out on the journey with encouragement and advice - always a nice place to hang around and some real nice people to hang with!

BIG MASSIVE Thanks to Jack for his generosity in providing the Fire Streak missiles (my early Christmas present) - My first time of receiving such generous help from a fellow member and very much appreciated and very humbling.

Okay the kit - it is, what it is, a bit of a blank canvas. Could be better and would love to see it updated. Some of it just fell together ……. :fight: other bits fought me all the way. But in conclusion most of the big issues I had were of my own making. :mental:

Think I read on LSP somewhere, some one wrote “to do one of the older models is a great way to asses where you skills are atâ€! Well I can tell you this is very true, and I think I still have a long…….long…… and I hope fun filled road to journey yet.

Okay enough prattle lets get my R.F.I. pictures up!

First a look at her on the stand and a walk around - Note to self clean the dust off before you take the pictures - Just seems to be a dust magnet!

104-SeaVenomFAW22_zpsr6ickv4e.jpg

105-SeaVenomFAW22_zpsf1jtwmjo.jpg

106-SeaVenomFAW22_zpszimfvy9u.jpg

107-SeaVenomFAW22_zpsqmoaceho.jpg

108-SeaVenomFAW22_zpshq0bbvgv.jpg  

Bit of a closer look at the Twins in there ever so cosy office - all that work and you can't see much …… Ahhhhhhh well!

109-SeaVenomFAW22_zps8v2t3jd4.jpg

110-SeaVenomFAW22_zpsczbdaxio.jpg

111-SeaVenomFAW22_zpsgd8zpapr.jpg

112-SeaVenomFAW22_zpsol14flou.jpg

Okay quick break back in a mo with some more

Taff :D

Edited by TaffyMan

I'm Back!

Okay last few - of her zooming around my photo studio uhhhhmmmm…….. the kitchen table covered with a bed sheet! and a couple of reading lights……… uhhhhhmmmmmm! :innocent:

113-SeaVenomFAW22_zpsff1tx2qk.jpg

114-SeaVenomFAW22_zps7lerlhgo.jpg

115-SeaVenomFAW22_zpsvyx1sqfq.jpg

116-SeaVenomFAW22_zpsv1mftol6.jpg

117-SeaVenomFAW22_zpssdyrvtlh.jpg

Last one a bit of low level work

118-SeaVenomFAW22_zpsiuvnhh2v.jpg

Okay quit a few pictures there. But hopefully you didn't mind. So finally and once again a real massive thanks to all who looked in and helped me get there in the end.

Till next time happy modelling to everyone - Taff :D

FREAKIN' COOL!!   :coolio:

Love the mouth!

Now I want to see a Sea Vixen in 32nd...................Airfix....Hint -Hint

Man it is so British !   :punk:     

Love it Taff,

you wrestled this beast into submission :fight: :fight:

Great Stuff

And Yes, I like the "Rocket Packs"     so glad I could send them

Jack

Guest Peterpools

Taff

Fantastic work and what a great build. Perseverance, savvy  and an abundance of skill

Gorgeous work ... and a pleasure to enjoy and follow your thread

Knowing my track record, if it were me, I doubt I wouod have made it across the finish line

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Great tutorial and a fine model to boot. It shows great courage to face your "Demons" head on and still win the race, much respect to you.

Also I agree with "Marauderdriver" Jack, though I doubt Airfix would do it in 1/32 scale, 1/24 maybe?? Hopefully some other manufacturer

will take it on, Trumpeter springs to mind. In the meantime we have to make do with this Matchbox re incarnation. I have 2 to do so I will hopefully employ many of the lessons I have learnt here.

Thanks,

Bob

Edited by Victor K2

LOVELY in deed!!!   Wow Taff, that turned out really terrific

Beautifull !!!

Well done taff ;)

Fantastic work Taff!

Kev

FREAKIN' COOL!!   :coolio:

Love the mouth!

Now I want to see a Sea Vixen in 32nd...................Airfix....Hint -Hint

Man it is so British !   :punk:     

Love it Taff,

you wrestled this beast into submission :fight: :fight:

Great Stuff

And Yes, I like the "Rocket Packs"     so glad I could send them

Jack

Super Duper!

Sincerely,

Mark

Most impressive.  I really like how well this build turned out.

Great to see how you displayed the kit in flight.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan

Taff

Fantastic work and what a great build. Perseverance, savvy  and an abundance of skill

Gorgeous work ... and a pleasure to enjoy and follow your thread

Knowing my track record, if it were me, I doubt I wouod have made it across the finish line

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Great tutorial and a fine model to boot. It shows great courage to face your "Demons" head on and still win the race, much respect to you.

Also I agree with "Marauderdriver" Jack, though I doubt Airfix would do it in 1/32 scale, 1/24 maybe?? Hopefully some other manufacturer

will take it on, Trumpeter springs to mind. In the meantime we have to make do with this Matchbox re incarnation. I have 2 to do so I will hopefully employ many of the lessons I have learnt here.

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks Guys - for looking-in and the very nice words - Glad you all like her, my first venture in to in-flight pose and I like it....... all give's it another dimension. Also the, most of the time, best way to see an aircraft - all sleek and in trim. Just need to make a box next to take her to the first show of the year at Peterborough on Sunday…… try to keep my wallet shut ……. all that temptation ……… :frantic: Oh no see the Bronco is available this side of the water now …….. that might break my resolve! :innocent:

Till next time Happy Days - Taff :D  

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

OMG   Taff, That is ONE SPECTACULAR looking  Model. :wub:

Adore the flight mode and the photos are OUTSUANDING..

Lubly Jubly job { In MY best Del Boy accent } :wow: :yahoo: :punk:

loved it.. :thumbsup:

Cheers Maru - I'll take its a cocktail with some fruit and umbrellas for you then! :D

Taff