2 pilots, 2 vertical tails, 2 engines

Jack

You may already know this but Verlinden resin can be a real nightmare to work with. Goofy casting block locations that can be next to impossible to sand off, hard and brittle resin.  Personally I don't use it anymore.

Hi Ron, thanks for the reminder, i new something was screwy, didn't dry-fit it yet, let's see if it's doable, and if not i'll just go for the cockpit oob.

J.

Well as a follow-up on the above i gathered all the pieces in the Verlinden conversion cockpit, and it really scared the #$@t out of me, not because of all the tiny parts and such but the prospect of using super glue and dressing up as a NBC combatant with all the protection neccessary to avoid the fumes......well, what else is new, i mean i also have some  full resin  kits (Fisher) so eventually i'll have to use such a glue type, but i think i'll just take the middle route and combine as much as possible of the original styrene kit parts and add some interesting conversion ones.

Anyhow, the main purpose of this project is to have this kit in a certain "livery" that should "stand out" and the cockpit interior isn't so much a part of it.

I hope to have some  in progress pictures in a short while, so bear with me, ok?

Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an overall view of the parts i'm going to use, except all the armament, including the complete canon assembly and changing some other parts, like probably leaving the Pave penny pod off.

I scrounged the centre line fuel tank from the single seater i have in the stash (it's possitioned in the picture in the top right hand corner) because it wasn't a part in the two-seater kit.

IMG_1086_zpsc8eaf874.jpg

(so if anyone is looking for "the big cannon" and/or some AGM-65's and ALQ-119 , with all the fittings, be my guest...)

Hope to be starting soon on this project, still have a lot of other chores to do.

Jack.

Edited by Jack

Thats a big model for sure. I'm still having difficulty finding a resting place for my finished Hog. I used the Verlinden cockpit on mine and although its not completely correct but it sure beats the alternative. Also, I'm not sure if your looking to add anything else to this package but if you do I highly recommend Sierra Hotel A-10 goodies. I have a set of their correct fans/exhaust and they are awesome. I'm saving them for my next A-10 project. ;)

Have you decided on the markings or will this be the official 2 seat prototype?

Hi Mike, thanks for the hint on Sierra Hotel stuff, but i think the only AM item will be the Verlinden cockpit.

And the finish, well i like to keep that "hidden" untill it's very obvious, but it is a "what-if" livery.....

J. :whistle:

• 3 months later...

Well everybody, i'd have to admit i have to bail out of this GB (again....), i'm just not getting myself committed to any build in a certain time frame, it's bugging me a lot when i think about it, but each time i'm planning a definitive project lately it's getting blown in the wind by reality.

And reality at this moment is a very busy period doing a lot of woodworking which takes up lots of time and i'm enjoying it very much, soo much i'm about to neglect my main hobby, LSP.....

Anyhow, the two seat Hog will be built eventually, but not as a group build feature, so please distinguished moderators/editors  have it moved to the "in progress" chapter, i'd appreciate it :sorry:

Jack.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys, it bothers me from time to time being the victim of builder's block or something similar, but this time it's rediculous: being out of ATC work and getting into (as i said) woodworking is taking up such an amount of time, i'll have to find a system to do both activities next to the other:  i'll think i'll manage eventually, but the A10 two seater will not change it's appearance, maybe i'd better put it into a future GB, like "what if"......

Kai, lots of fun and succes with your splendid Hog, it's an amazing build.

J.