Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

Welcome to the Double Trouble! Group Build. The theme for this Group Build is any LSP-class aircraft or helicopter that features twin engines, seats or tail planes. Wings don't count! We've decided that twin floats are in however. Other options are subject to negotiation and approval.

The Group Build will run for 6 months, finishing on 28 February 2015.

So, who's first?

Kev

I am in.....the toss up of either one of the following

1) p-38 - learning on how to get the right bird

2) Meteor - waiting to get that wonderful conversation set

3) mig 29 - waiting to source a decent cockpit

4) f-18D - trying to motivate myself as the scheme I plan is just one colour

I'll firm up soon once the Flying Tiger is done a quick 1/48 and then onto one of these .....above

Rgds and Happy Modelling

Mr b

I'm in with the IL-2M3 (two seats). Tentatively going with this scheme, as I have the mask set for it (but research on the IL-2 is about to drive me nuts, so I could end up changing my mind on its final colors!).

il2m3-bp-fl-am-3view-whitetail1_zpsbbf26

100_4769_zpsbf39dff8.jpg

Really looking forward to this one.

John

Edited by mywifehatesmodels

I'm in with the somewhat problematic Academy 1/35 AH-60L DAP Blackhawk. I'll be adding the Eduard Interior, Exterior, and Dashboard photo-etch, Cobra Company Correction/Detail sets for the UH-60L. I do have Werner's Wings decals for the 160th SOAR "Nightstalkers," but I feel like everybody who builds a Blackhawk builds a Nightstalker, so I may just build a generic UH-60L (I really don't like the pylons on the side, but do like the refueling probe). Here is what we're working with:

1980-01-01000011_zpsd92e0827.jpg

1980-01-01000023_zps9c28107a.jpg

I do, however, have to get this strange looking thing off the bench first. . .

1980-01-01000019_zps194c14b8.jpg

-Daniel S.

Westminster, CO 

I'm in with the IL-2M3 (two seats). Tentatively going with this scheme, as I have the mask set for it (but research on the IL-2 is about to drive me nuts, so I could end up changing my mind on its final colors!).

Really looking forward to this one.

John

Do a Mongolian one.

Do a Mongolian one.

Any references for that, or are you suggesting I go with something that's less likely to be criticized, due to lack of documentation? ^_^  At this point, I'm giving that some thought, too. This seems to be a subject that even a lot of "experts" can't agree on and I have my own opinions, too. :hmmm:

John

Any references for that, or are you suggesting I go with something that's less likely to be criticized, due to lack of documentation? ^_^  At this point, I'm giving that some thought, too. This seems to be a subject that even a lot of "experts" can't agree on and I have my own opinions, too. :hmmm:

John

Mongolia got 70 odd post war and used them into the 60's.

Il-2Mongolian_zps443f5a3a.jpg

P1010012-2_zpsa18c6a83.jpg

Kev, when it's said "wings dont count", does it mean "no biplane", or just "dont try to fool us saying an airplane has 2 wings" ?

Technically, we can say most biplanes have 3 wings : 2 lower wings + 1 upper deck.

Or does it mean "it's way too controversial and intricate, so wings just dont count"?

Edited by Zero77