Yawn

ruzlkampf

Well, because my ME-109 is slowly siiinking because the landing gear is now changing angles....I have decided to do another subject.(It's not dead yet, but all inspiration is gone.) Actually methinks I will roll up two into one! :lol: Gotta have more than one thing going on, and the Pancake Project is going OK. Reno racer Bearcat is too heavily modified to qualify for this GB, and THIS projected project......well; :lol: (oh no, Precious, we doesn't show them EVERYTHING we are working on...does we, my love?! :huh: )

post-4413-1224667432.jpg

So I had to gaze much farther onto the horizon to find something that qualifies for this GB, and won't take much time away from the Flapjack. It was a stretch, but I finally found something I wasn't 'planning' on modifying. hehe.

This Piper Cub kit is a jewel, has way more parts than most kits I've built. Lotsa glass an a lotta ways to mess it up. :lol: Working up some civilian pilots to afix into them, other than that OOB. Pics as things progress. Yawn, Russ

post-4413-1224668525.jpg

Oooooh yesss, the SR-71 will be done :rolleyes: . I've got a pile of styrene HO scale siding that's perfect for the corrugations of the skin, and 2-4ftX8ft sheets of 'Gatorboard' for the framework, and lots of 1/64th" 3-ply marine grade plywood, and.....uhm/erm/uhhh...lotsa stuff. BUT!, I'm actually fiddling around with much bigger fish. I was actually going to show pics of my 1/32nd scale XB-70 Valkyrie plans...but they're 6+ft long(40" something wingspan) and I didn't have enough room to take the pic. ;) Mwhahahah.

post-4413-1224758717.jpg

post-4413-1224758739.jpg

As an aside, I also scarfed some nice YF-23 plans and printed them out tonight in 1/32nd scale.(yeah, I can do that cuz I'm the boss) Darn things even more convoluted and weird than the 'Pancake' I'm working on.....but VERY cool looking! ;) Unfortunately, I only frequent the GB's, and don't venture into the Members Builds, so until a suitable theme comes along, these are projects waiting to be built. :ph34r: :rolleyes: So many ideas, so little time. sigh.

post-4413-1224759327.jpg

But I digress.

CAN SOMEONE AROUND PLEASE CALL AN AMBULANCE FOR THAT GUY !!!

HE'S HAD A MAJOR HIT ON HIS HEAD AND HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING !!!!

Dude,

can not wait to see you start working on those babies (actually, we are talking about elephant's baby size here!!) :rolleyes:

Can I please ask if you intend to complete those within 2 to 3 weeks like your others projects?! ;)

Cheers,

Loic

Okay, where wuz I?!, Ahh yes, my truly exciting Piper Cub/glider combo. hehe. Got another 2 hrs. done on the 'Pancake' tonight, and started working on the towplane. Got everything mocked up ready for painting the cockpit to see how it would fit. Something just doesn't look right though,...can't figure out what it is? hmmm.

post-4413-1224759687.jpg

If you tried to mount that 2800 on the Super Cub's motor mounts, you would turn the thing into a vertical standing gyro-copter! :rolleyes: ;)

That would be a stick and a seat mounted to that engine- But, having done an annual on a cub recently, I had thought about that notion-

Don't think the owner found it as amusing......

Keep up the nice work-

THOR

Aaaaah, now Loic....you know it'll probably take at least twice as long as that! Hey!, I'll have to make my own decals.(again) Bwhahah! :rolleyes: Okay, before Dave's eyes roll back into his head....yeah, I know the motors wrong, and this is OOB, but a guy can dream, eh?! Oh yeah Matt, it'll probably have a 'personal commercial paint scheme' (maybe purple/or orange/ flames..dunno?) withsomething original like ..Ruzls Glider Towing Service, or sumpin like that. I got the 80hp(zzzzzzzzzz) motor all built, just wanted to wake everybody up cuz I'm planning on having a lot of fun with this build. More pics as things progress. Russ

post-4413-1224760378.jpg

Ha ha! :rolleyes: Yeah Thor, it's mighty tempting...but I'm trying to keep it down to a dull roar. This kit is really sweet, and will look really nice all done up. I really doubt this could tow a glider in real-life....but it's fun to pretend. Hmmm, dunno about that either, cause it has an alternate tailwheel assembly that looks suspiciously like a tow-hook. Not sure where else I'd put an apparatus for towing on this thing, come to think of it. ;) I must pause and reflect on this some more. :ph34r: