Promotion in our family

Jeff

Guest Jessie_C

Well, he is with the ROYAL Canadian Dragoons......so that counts. And as a matter of interest..... I am directly related to Oliver Cromwell.... cool eh?

Indeed it does. Most soldiers have their "home" regiment which they spend their careers in. Postings to other 'foreign' units may happen, but they're always part of their regiment until the day they die.

Since my ancestry includes Scots, English and Irish, I don't know whether I'm supposed to hate you for that or not. What the heck. We're both Canadian; our families left that nonsense behind when they left the Old Country. Raise a glass to the good major courtesy of this former sublieutenant. He'll just have to handle being toasted by a sailor.

Well  he will be part of the Regiment until he becomes a Colonel, then things change... a sailor eh?/ Well, that is just fine as his grand father , Cathy's dad spent 25 years in the RCN retired as a Chief Petty Officer......consider the glass hoisted..... and WE can discuss old traditions over a good cold beer any time..LOL!!!  Bonny Scott !! LOL

Guest Jessie_C

Ahhhh watch your rear the navies here....... :P

Congrats on the promotion.

So sorry to burst your bubble; I've never rammed anyone else's boat with my ship. I'm a much better driver than that.

Jeff does that mean two Majors make a

MAJORity..

you know what I am saying ..

:rofl:

:whistle:

Now................ I never thought of that......... I can see I need to brush up here .. LOL!!!  That is good, I will tell Cathy and pass that along !