1/32 Hawker Sea Fury 4/21/15 She's alive!

LSP_Paul

I can see why you're having so much fun with the kit Paul, it looks magnificent!

Max

Thanks Max,

I'm glad you are following and thank you for the kind words. :)  The Panther cockpit wasn't quite as detailed, so I made a few parts and will be posting pics prior to its installation soon, probably tomorrow at some point.

Guest Peterpools

Paul

Beautiful work on the front office - and a great touch using Airscale's instruments. Looking fantastic and the weathering is so right!. I completely agree that the Sea Fury is a special kit and a joy.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Really nice Paul, the cockpit on the Fisher kit is a very nice depiction of the real thing and you have done it justice mate.

Eric.

Eric,

Thanks for checking out the Fury, I appreciate the kind words, and I'll continue to do my best to bring out every fantastically rendered aspect of this beautiful plane.  I am thrilled to be able to build this as a tribute and thank you to your fellow Countrymen that served and especially those who gave it all.

Paul 

Paul

Beautiful work on the front office - and a great touch using Airscale's instruments. Looking fantastic and the weathering is so right!. I completely agree that the Sea Fury is a special kit and a joy.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Peter, Thanks for checking in and thanks for the kind words about my progress so far. :)  What a great model this is to work on! If I could find a way, I'd happily build another some day.

Keep up the great progress on the Meteor too my friend!

Paul

Excellent!   I obtained that cockpit and put it in my Hobbycraft Fury...the Fisher one is just amazing!

Tim W

Thanks Tim for checking in on my build, and the kind words. :)  Your Skyraider is really going to be impressive too. What a great collection of models being build in the group!

Looking forward to seeing more of everybody's work and showing more of my stuff soon too.

Paul

Beautiful cockpit, Paul! Excellent work mate.

Kev

Kev, Thanks for the kind words, and thank you for checking in on the Fury.  :)  It's a shame the cockpit opening is as narrow as it is, without a light source shining into the pit, its hard to see all that beautiful work that Paul and Roy created.  At least I have some pictures.

More soon,

Paul 

Nicely Done Sir !

The small opening for the pit is sort of a shame when you have all that beautiful detail all painted up.

All the dark colors don't help much either, but they were called "Coal-hole" for a reason.

I can understand your becoming enamored with the Sea Fury as it is one of the most beautiful airplanes built.

Paul's model doesn't hurt either.

Go build a PANTHER

Jack

Well guys, I have to admit, I am having a blast with BOTH of Paul Fishers kits, they both have their own unique "fun factor" but I am quite smitten with this Sea Fury. While things were drying on the Panther, I cleaned all the resin up for the Fury so I would be ready to build, and since I already had the bench cleaned off and paint near by, I had to do some work on the Fury's pit.  :coolio:

I used various shades of home brewed grays using Tamiya Fine Gray Surface Primer and Gunze laquers, then a wash of various dark brown/black oil paints for shadowing. Some of the control boxes etc. were picked out in a pure flat black just to add contrast. I used lead foil to make the rudder pedal straps. The  photo etched control levers each got a  PVA enhanced sphere at the end and then I completed everything with a dry brushing and sealed with Semi Gloss clear.The gray areas where the paint is scraped off  in the pics  are from dry fitting and will be covered up by side panels etc and wont be seen.

I used Airscale's awesome instrument decals instead of the paper backing behind clear plastic, and over-coated with Future to give it that "glass" look. I also used RB Productions seat belts and man I am not sorry I did! Every time I used Radu's belts I cant help but feel if I could some how shrink myself the darn things would actually work like the real ones. :)

Here are the pics.

attachicon.gifDSC01853 (800x591).jpg

attachicon.gifDSC01877 (800x702).jpg

attachicon.gifDSC01879 (800x754).jpg

attachicon.gifDSC01882 (800x601).jpg

attachicon.gifDSC01883 (800x600).jpg

Finally when all was set and dry I installed the pit into the fuselage. Instead of putting a support across the bottom of the cockpit tub, I opted to use aluminum tube epoxied to both the bottom of the tub and sides of the fuselage. This will prevent the tub from ever falling out into the fuselage and allows me to slightly flex the fuselage without breaking the bond when mating to the wing. 

attachicon.gifDSC01884 (800x600).jpg

Thanks for looking in on my build

Holy KRAP that looks good.

Nicely Done Sir !

The small opening for the pit is sort of a shame when you have all that beautiful detail all painted up.

All the dark colors don't help much either, but they were called "Coal-hole" for a reason.

I can understand your becoming enamored with the Sea Fury as it is one of the most beautiful airplanes built.

Paul's model doesn't hurt either.

Go build a PANTHER

Jack

Thanks for looking in on the build and the kind words about the build Comrade Jack. The Panther is going to be joined wings and fuselage either later today  or tomorrow. Work got busy  :)

Go build a race plane  :punk:

Paul

Love it!  Pauls stuff is just excellent and you doing it full justice. :)

Brian, Thanks for looking in on the Fury.

It's a great  kit, makes it easy to stay motivated, I appreciate you looking in and I'm glad you like how its turning out so far. More soon  :)

Paul

Holy KRAP that looks good.

Thanks Harold! Im glad you're enjoying watching the progress. The pit was fun and the rest of the plane fits really well. Just a bit of re shaping to account for the resin shrink, hardly any filler needed at the wing/fuselage joint required so far, pit turned out ok.. I'm a happy guy     :)