I'm in -- Trump. MiG-15bis

Hartmann352

Good luck Dave!  Im rootin for ya.  :D  This can be made into a nice model for sure..................it will just take some severe bashing.  It was not a well fitting kit.  Take your time with the wing to fuse joints, the fit was pretty bad on mine.

:popcorn:   :popcorn:   :popcorn:   :popcorn:

Welcome to the Group Build Dave! Nice to have you join us!

There were all kinds of variations on camouflage. From bare metal to an almost WWII German armor on some aircraft, so its just a matter of picking one.you like. There were North Korean marked aircraft and some Communist Chinese marked aircraft that were encountered over North Korea. As far as detailing and Interior Colors, the other guys building Migs will hopefully chime in and get you all sorted out on that. I'll see if I cant scan some of the instruction sheets later today that I have for the OOP aftermarket decals are in the stash to give you some ideas.

All the best,

Paul

This can be made into a nice Mig -15......And yes watch those wing roots to wing joints....kinda nasty but can be whittled into shape!!

Generalissimo Martin  will not steer you wrong as long as you tow the PARTY line ...you'll be fine.

Built by Committie       You labor ......  Generalissimo provide parts and expertise

Workers of the World   Buddy Build !!

Another MasterStroke Generalissmo :bow: :bow: :bow:

This could be fun!!

Comrade Jack

This Osprey is helpful for color schemes.  There were a wide variety of colors and markings, depending on which year/unit you're interested in.

http://www.amazon.com/Soviet-MiG-15-Aces-Korean-Aircraft/dp/1846032997

I have one of these in the stash, with a bunch of Eduard PE, Squadron canopy and a CED cockpit from way back when.  It needs work, but can make up into a nice MiG.

Cheers!

Tim W.

Okay folks, question time.

Looking at pictures of parked MiG-15s, all flaps seem to be up.

Am I safe in building this with the flaps up then, or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Dave

You will be fine, the flaps are ussualy in up position when on ground in order to prevent  possibile damage. However there is no harm to drop them if you wish, for "maitanance" purposes . Here are few shots that can help.

06b.jpg07b.jpg05b.jpg

Where is MY stuff ??.................Harv

hmm, OK :)

I hope Dave won't mind :)

img_1503.jpg