1/72nd Tu-160 'Blackjack', An-22 'Antei' & IL-20M

Radders

As per my post in the 'Make The Others Jealous' thread, I love my Russian stuff and the bigger the better for me. I bought this off a friend some time a go part started and have since been cracking on... it's massive in 1/72nd scale. The wingspan as per photo is 30" wide, length is 30" too..

I decided a few weeks back to box up some projects so I can get on with what I love most. Sadly also the 1/24th Buccaneer is on hold, as I found out I've lost/misplaced the large etch fret, which I'm gutted about. I may have lost it in a house move, or it may just be in a model box as the Bucc box is quite flimsy... so who knows, but that's one model I really want to get on with but every time I start, something gets in the way.

Getting back to the Blackjack, the undercarriage is missing pieces so I'm having to fabricate my own parts. I will post photos up once it's all done. But I primed the wings last night, gave the fuselage a good rub down as it had been stored for a while and had marks on it, will prime that today to see where I am.. then I will need to buy gallon of white.

33746978774_f0dbef92fd_b.jpg

Edited by Radders

Nice! One went in over Red Square at Tuesday, low and slow behind an Il-76 tanker.

Waiting to see the markings. Which russian hero is yours?

Regards

- dutik

• 1 month later...

That's a great pic of Putin! Priceless.

I'm going to turn this thread into a mixture of several builds but all of the same nature. Old Soviet/Russian aircraft all in 1/72nd scale. I have a few on the go at the moment and think one thread will be better than several. (A bit like Shawn's non-LSP thread!)

One of the aircraft I am working on is the rare Amodel An-22. I bought this and it was part started, ideally the interior needed to be ripped apart and redone, but I decided to just clean it up and paint it.

Using Akan paint for the cockpit colour, Tamiya for the rest. I've also butchered a set of B-57 resin seats and painted them to match An-22 seats and they look loads better..

More to come on the Blackjack and Coot, very soon... :)

35674021001_7d5534fa42_o.jpg

35417495930_b998d1b2f3_o.jpg