Aires 2162 EF2000A Typhoon Wheel Bay (for Revell kit)

Iain

Oooh now I've got the 2 seater with the APU and pretty sure the intake cover, wheels bays look nice but mines also in the troposphere waiting to be started.

Steve

Steve, you would be very welcome to pop along to the Wiltshire Scale Modellers Society. PM me or Iain for more details. We need more aviation guys!!

Steve, you would be very welcome to pop along to the Wiltshire Scale Modellers Society. PM me or Iain for more details. We need more aviation guys!!

PM inbound.

AL1. Can you or Ian PM me as I'm unable to PM either of you "shadowy text box opens that I can't type in?"

Steve.

Edited by Stevepd

I used the Aires wheel wells, cockpit and exhaust when I built my EF, the fit was absolutely perfect. 

Here's the exhaust:

SdRkgB.jpg

I scratch built a full-length intake, looks like this:

UHqu6J.jpg

Some overall pics:

wMWFts.jpg

wtsNpa.jpg

KyKVhm.jpg

Unfortunately, the kit is very coarse in general and despite me throwing a huge amount of work into it, it now resides at the bottom of my display cabinet (along with my old Revell Mirage III). The panel lines are fat and the overall appearance of the model, despite having good shape accuracy, is just not there. I think a complete panel line fill/sand down/scribe is required for this project, which unfortunately I don't have the patience for.

Cheers,

Marcel

That is a beautiful model, really a game changer, somehow you made one of e blandest most uninspiring colour schemes in all aviation interesting - not to mention the superb build -

I wouldn't let anyone within 20 feet of my Eurofighter build! -

That is really a superb build! :clap2: