TAMIYA 1/32 F4U-1A WIP FINALLY DONE

oppenheimer

Guest Peterpools

Jorge

Geez, what perfect weathering on the prop and the wheel wells ... looks just tremendous. Have to agree the blue looks nice and faded and on the money.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

worked today on the dark blue and some chipping on the inner wing, so far happy with the blue tone, but i am not sure if the chipping is ok, something is bothering me, found out that the blue is a pain to fade it and weather it, it look like it will stay this way

Please i will appreciate any critic good and strong (bad) on this test

_MG_6827_zpsuzxawfze.jpg

_MG_6829_zpsv6wlhkyn.jpg

_MG_6830_zpswd65j0yo.jpg

Already posted my comments on Facebook. The intermediate blue looks a little dark to me, and the Sea Blue a little too light but that could have more to do with the lighting than anything else. Have you chosen a specific aircraft to model?

david

Edited by David Hansen

David, i am using the colors Tamiya tells me on the instructions, even if i lightened the intermediate blue still dark to me, i am after Boyington's bird

And thanks for the encouraging words from all you guys

Edited by oppenheimer

Jorge,

Fantastic work as always!  Really, really top notch modeling.

If I might make a suggestion (since you asked :rolleyes: ), I would over-spray your chipping on the wing a bit.  The chipping is great, but it's a tiny bit too intense for scale.  Toned down a bit, it will likely look more natural.

Cheers,

Chuck

i am here again with some pictures, i assembled the outer wing panel and dry fitted in the wings to see fitting, as usual in tamiya, the fit is perfect so i can paint them apart then glue them together (inner and outer wings), also painted the under side of the center wing as well did the right upper surface of it, need to add the exhaust stains on the belly not sure how i will do it here are the pics, i hope i am not boring you guys with lots of pictures of the same pieces over and over again

_MG_6932_zps7kbk9cuq.jpg

_MG_6933_zpsdpd5pjlb.jpg

general look of the bird

_MG_6935_zpsoglpofzj.jpg

_MG_6939_zpstgf6z51j.jpg

_MG_6940_zpsvcw5eguf.jpg

how can i tone it down chuck?, ideas always welcome

Jorge,

Just spray more of the blue over the chips.  You might try thinning the paint quite a bit first, then spray fine misting coats until you get the look you want.

I just looked at that belly and gear wells above.  GORGEOUS!  It really looks the part.