I have the bug to scratch build .....

Joe66

Bill,

More often than not, scratch building is cheaper than buying kits and the AM to go with them.....!

Joe

It's not about money, Joe, it's about time. At the armor nationals a few weeks ago, I didn't even enter the raffles because my wife did a full body search when I returned to make sure no new kits entered the basement ("I'm doing a Jedi Mind Meld on you," she said deliberately mixing two movie franchises, "repeat after me: 'there is nothing here, move on!'"

Edited by Bill Cross

A little update....slowly moving into the new workspace....here is the start of the mess....in the coming weeks there will be order brought to this chaos by way of some walls being built, some systems installed ( like dust collection and plumbing, electrical work, etc ) ...

It is so great to be unpacking all of this stuff and soon being able to get back in use ! ...

IMG_0929_zpshw2z5bpa.jpg

IMG_0928_zps7fz1oij3.jpg

IMG_0926_zps2wftwktp.jpg

IMG_0924_zpsn6c32nph.jpg

IMG_0923_zpsjbbfym8l.jpg

Joe

I'm strangely comforted by that pile of stuff, Joe. I drew up some plans for a Nieuport X last night, having tidied some model railway stuff out of the way. Today I have been building a trailer while climbing around a 1972 MG, a 1915 surface grinder, a door for the boat and various other stalled projects

Clearly I'm not the only one with far too many interests  :D

I'm very envious of your workshop space. I recon I could easily fill that...

Richard

Hehe...yeah....This is much more focused than a few years ago when I had my 1:1 scale car hobby ( that included a 1959 MGA coupe, a 1968 MGC-GT, and some other domestics ( 9 or so cars in all )... The Italian bicycle restoration hobby is still in the storage unit as well...lol.....

Nieuport X ...hmmm...very interesting ! Looking forward to seeing that project !

Joe

Cees....I used to to model 1:1 scale ...

Bill....Ha ! Not this time, but I have certainly made a few " dogs " over the years !

Shop update.... slowly going through things and setting up. Next up will be delineating spaces and getting to work making some rooms, like a small room for a paint booth, and another small room for mold making, etc.

There will also be approx 600 sq ft of "Maker Space". My friend and business associate and I are setting up this area that will include several SLA resin 3d printers, and several FDM 3d printers, including one for large format printing. Also a small laser cutter and CNC spindle cutter, scroll saw and a few other tools, and large workbenches.

We will be offering low cost membership for the Maker Space, where people can come in and use the machines to make things, as well as some classes and training. We will offer special programs to introduce kids to 3d printing, so as you can imagine, there is a lot of set up and paperwork going on right now !

Cheers all !

Joe