WnW AEG G.IV sharkmouth / Finito!

karimb

Hello gang!

Long time no update, and this one is coming straight out of Adelaide Australia!

What a lovely city it is...

I have managed to finish work on the anemometer which i had to modify in order to fit the strut. The Anemometer itself can fit the strut had it been in a different display configuration, but since the anemometer has to be facing the cockpit i had to add some styrene rod sanded to shape. The anemometer was painted nato black and the edges were highlighted with a lead pencil to bring out the relief of the black part. The rotating wind cups on top were painted brass and the face of the dial was covered with crystal clear glue to impart it a look of glass... that was the last part that went on the AEG before calling her complete!

This build has been i think the longest running and most detailed build i have done to date on the forums, and i would like to thank everyone for the support you have shown, for the input and for the ideas you have brought during the ups and downs and twists and turns of getting the AEG across the finish line!

During the later stages of the build, Kevin proposed we make the AEG the next book title from KLP publishing and i immediately agreed with enormous excitement!

The book has just been announced today on KLP's vendors board page and it has some teaser images and a highlight of what is going to be included in the coming title!

Again, thank you everyone for having been along for the build, it wouldn't have been the same without the input of my friends and fellow LSPers here!

I will be posting some photos on RFI probably tomorrow after i fly back from Adelaide tonight!

Thanks again everyone!

Below a photo of the book cover!

as always stay safe and happy modeling!

Karim

2NBzIx.jpg

Edited by karimb

Congratulations, Karim  :frantic:

On finishing a superb model and your massive contribution via the publication KLP   :yahoo:

Safe flight home.

Von B  :bow:

Baron,

Thanks for the kind words!

I am glad you all enjoyed the build as much as i enjoyed it!

Unbelievable. Wow! Amazing work, Karim.

I'm looking forwRd to the RFI.

Ernie

Ernie

thanks for the kind comments and for all the support you have given me throughout the build!

Karim

Just wonderful Karim and congratulations on the publication, I will definately be getting myself a copy in readyness for my AEG.

Regards. Andy

Andy i am glad you enjoyed the build and i glad to hear it will contribute in your build!

That's the most satisfaction i could ever get, knowing i inspired a fellow modeler and was able to help out however minute the help is!

Thanks again for following along!

Karim