New Dragom P51D(and generic) stuff is done and

JRutman

can be seen on Hyperscale forum or the P-51sig sites.

Generic stuff

All new wheels,main and tail

Landing gear

Clamshell doors

N-9 gunsight

P-51D Dragon stuff

Cockpit for the Mid-production blocks-these were the usual wartime blocks. Most P-51 kits out there are the very late and post war blocks

Wheelwell was released months ago.

I have to get the instructions done and the wiring diagram as well but that's all!

Oh yes,I also have a new spinner with the correct figure 8 openings for the prop baldes as well as an all new cuffed prop. Also have a spinner and prop for the uncuffed sqare tip props on later blocks. All of the props are the correct length as both the hasegawa and dragon props were too long. Ironwing has it right on his build and this agrees with Charly Neelys' drawings,which are widely regarded as the"bomb" and most accurate out there.

Next up is a cockpit for the brit recon version of the Hobbycraft kit. This kit has an axcellent shape and very cool surface detail. The details are "soft" as far as small parts go but the price is excellent! Oh,and the canopy is super!

HTH,

JR

Thanks for all this Jerry!! It takes so much of the hard work (for us anyway...not for you!!) out of trying to bring the Dragon kit up to a good standard. The parts look amazing.

Would you also consider producing a set of Mustang exhaust stacks without the shroud? Looking at photos of Mustangs, both RAF and USAAF, many have the shrouds removed. I was thinking of using the leftover round exhaust pipes from the PCM Spitfire IX kits I bought, but have yet to see how they compare to the Mustang. They are for the same engine (well, the Packard version in the Spit XVI) so I was thinking it might work.

Regardless, the accurate resin parts are very much appreciated, thanks again!!

Cheers,

Richard

Thanks for all this Jerry!! It takes so much of the hard work (for us anyway...not for you!!) out of trying to bring the Dragon kit up to a good standard. The parts look amazing.

Would you also consider producing a set of Mustang exhaust stacks without the shroud? Looking at photos of Mustangs, both RAF and USAAF, many have the shrouds removed. I was thinking of using the leftover round exhaust pipes from the PCM Spitfire IX kits I bought, but have yet to see how they compare to the Mustang. They are for the same engine (well, the Packard version in the Spit XVI) so I was thinking it might work.

Regardless, the accurate resin parts are very much appreciated, thanks again!!

Cheers,

Richard

If that is the way you want to go why not just use brass or aluminum tubing? It will look way better. Just make a backing plate with plastic stock and glue the pipes onto that. Deal?

JR

"If that is the way you want to go why not just use brass or aluminum tubing? It will look way better. Just make a backing plate with plastic stock and glue the pipes onto that. Deal?

JR"

You're probably right, the tubing would probably look better than resin. Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Richard

• 1 month later...
Jerry

got your new P-51D cockpit

WOW!!!!!!!!!

I was trying to drag my feet until the PE stuff arrived but I wanted you to get it without having to wait too long. And now I find out that the PE will probably get to me Saturday.Glad you liked it bubba!

JR