1962 Ferrari 250 GTO - 1/12 MFH

Bryan

Another MFH kit....these have been conspiring to keep me away from LSPs for some time now.

Difficult build....some instructional/engineering problems with the kit that made it so....but I guess that is to be expected with limited run kits like this.

For those of you not into cars, the 1962 GTO has recently been bringing $50-60 million when they go up for sale.  So while it is not an LSP, the real thing sure seems to be worth more (to someone) than nearly any aircraft!

e8HwyYt.jpg

lG1DcDY.jpg

KmoDqRF.jpg

sudLOVW.jpg

Adgm03v.jpg

OzLNd7F.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Bryan

Nice! I've got the old Revell diecast in that scale. Not bad for what it is, but it can't hold a candle to this kit! I'd like to tear it apart one day and rebuild it with the detail sets available for it.

Wow Bryan! I've been doing this modelling gig for quite a while now and all I can say is that's about as close as anyone is going to get to a perfect build! If there's any flaws, and I'm sure you're probably the only one that could spot them.....please promise to never let anyone know!

Like Harvey said........Sexy! In my opinion there are 4 cars that fall in to that category for me. The '58 Mercedes Gull Wing, the '65 Jaguar E Type Coupe, the '67 Corvette Stingray, and the '62 Ferrari 250 GTO. You've absolutely done the GTO proud!

Cheers,

Wolf

That's beautiful, love the finish. I made the 1/24 250TR a long time ago and that had a few fit issues as well. I do still get tempted by the Lancia 037 though.

Guest Peterpools

Bryan

Speculator build of a very difficult kit; simply beautiful work of my favorite Ferrari and I'm sure the Commodore wouod be proud. I nearly completely agree with Wolf's list of favorite classics but mine wouod be just a tad different:

'65 Jaguar E Type with the top down, '67 Corvette Stingray, 427 Shelby Cobra roadster or fastback and the '62 Ferrari 250 GTO.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks for the comments guys...  I agree with most of the comments regarding iconic cars, but for models I am most fond of the "pure" competition cars.

So what I am dying for them to release is a 1/12 Porsche 917/30 in the Sunoco colors....Mark Donahue's car.  They already make the 917/30 in a smaller scale...so maybe it will happen some day.

Edited by Bryan

Thanks for the comments guys...  I agree with most of the comments regarding iconic cars, but for models I am most fond of the "pure" competition cars.

So what I am dying for them to release is a 1/12 Porsche 917/30 in the Sunoco colors....Mark Donahue's car.  They already make the 917/30 in a smaller scale...so maybe it will happen some day.

The 917/30 was crazy! a zillion HP in a car shaped like a queen-sized bed.

Stupendous Job! Man I wish I could do even a fraction as well as you do on a model car..

As to the list of favs..Call me old fashioned but I still love a good ole GT-40!  Keep up the great work Bryan.

25 GT-40's is at about 9:05, the spitfire MK 9 was a nice surprise too in this vid.

Paul