De Havilland Mosquito Fb. Mk VI - 1/32 by Tamiya

elmarriachi

Hello,

the finished cockpit is installed in the two halfes of the hull... the hull glued together and the seam sanded smooth.

The tail wheel area is also painted in interior green, the wheel itself follws later after the painting of the hull.

The elevator unit is installed in lowered position and glued in place too. 

3vvm5uwg.jpg

kmebioa2.jpg

djgt32b4.jpg

l68rtstu.jpg

7x4f2qxm.jpg

7x4f2qxm.jpg

Next follow the two engines ...

Cheers

Micha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

the engines are finished and the etched parts added. The etched wirings received some white glue on it to get some thickness.

The finished engines were airbrush painted in black, then received some washings in dark red and beige.

Then some silver pigments were added on the complete engines ... some leaking oil follows later.

zoiae3nm.jpg

l4x3xbnm.jpg

ctimj4rg.jpg

hq2e3rbq.jpg

oxb3cz5g.jpg

The parts for the engine mounts were painted separately, then the engine mounts were put together and weathered with oil colors, then the engines installed (glued at the front, screwed at the back).

Some further parts, wiring and small stuff will follow ...

w7yrvkzk.jpg

qunha5dd.jpg

89kauy67.jpg

7axdhfv5.jpg

ipr4rjeh.jpg

The wings were put together, etched parts for the engine cooler added and painted in green, white and dark grey/silver mix. After that all weathered also with some oil washings.

2uuhrdxj.jpg

ll6c9zds.jpg

Cheers

Micha

Hello,

The finished Rolls-Royce Merlin engines were installed into the engine mounts which were completely painted and weathered before. Some further pipes and details were added next.

The wings were finished and some instruments for the cockpit added and detailed with Eduard's etched parts. The wings were screwed and glued to the hull next. It is a perfect fittment! 

After the installation of the wings the engine mounts were glued to the wings and further pipes between wing and engine added. 

xxqmkurr.jpg

idbxgscn.jpg

9vnzlx3y.jpg

u4b24w6k.jpg

xu759wat.jpg

24kfbinu.jpg

aq2nrlqw.jpg

sbfvynld.jpg

6gcra6d9.jpg

nvzjdav6.jpg

adb2p7ag.jpg

vu3md3ek.jpg

Next will be the gun mounts on the lower side of the fuselage ...

Cheers

Micha

Micha, what did you use for the burnt exhaust pipes ??, they look excellent....I have this beauty on  my bench along with the Spitfire XVI, and I REALLY like what you did with those pipes......

Hi Jeff,

thank you very much! 

I have painted the pipes in Silver first (Revell Aqua Color). Then I have used the Lifecolor base color of the Rust & Dust set and a sponge to dip the color on the parts. Once dry I have done the same once again with the darker shade of rust colors.

With a stiff brush I have used black color and dipped this on the front (inside) of the exhaust and rubbed it in the rest of the exhaust ... 

Cheers

Michael

Thanks for the quick tutorial, I will give that a go......I can only wish for such incredible results......I'm looking forward to the next update.... this bird is coming along wonderfully.......

Hello,

the main guns under the fuselage are finished, painted, weathered and installed in the weapons bay. The first washing is added as well (that's why it is looking glossy, wet).

Next following the two bombs over the tank ...

og7xzw5z.jpg

e5cjc227.jpg

phzyh6i3.jpg

Cheers

Micha