Hasegawa Fw 190S Conversion

LSP_Kevin

Two FW trainers eh?  The cockpit on the large scale version is looking good!

Thanks, John. I'm just slapping it together without any pretence to accuracy or detail. Having taken 8 years to get this far, I'm determined to not get bogged down on the internals.

Kev

OK, time for another update! I want to thank Kais up front for sending me his spare set of Radu's seat belts, which allowed me to finish off the cockpit and get the fuselage halves together:

GhqdxZ.jpg

nh2cN7.jpg

WS5uko.jpg

In test-fitting the upper forward cowling part, I realised it needed to be shimmed in order for it to line up properly with the cowl gun fairings:

ntfwUm.jpg

It's not glued in place yet, as I need to deal with the exhaust pipes first, but I think it'll look the part when it's done:

DxKdow.jpg

The area I'll be concentrating on next, however, is to modify the shape of the hump on the spine slightly, and change the way it mates with the main fuselage, as what I have so far is not accurate enough in either respect. Perhaps we'll get lucky, and as soon as I've finished this build, someone will bring out an all-new state-of-the-art conversion set!

Kev

Looks good.

' I realized it needed to be shimmed in order for it to line up properly with the cowl gun fairings:'

Make sure the front ring fits.

Sincerely,

Mark

Good call! I think it'll be within acceptable limits, and any issues there will certainly be less prominent than the misaligned gun troughs would have been.

Kev