1:225 HMS Victory

LSP_K2

I really had no idea it was so small until it arrived at my house! (Paint bottle says it all.) Actually, this little guy is fairly well detailed, and will be something to help keep me occupied through the cold winter months ahead, (and probably beyond that).

090412002.jpg

That looks a fair bit easier to deal with than Revell's 1/96 Constitution kit! I must finish mine someday, but as it's been going since 1982, I suspect it needs a full rebuild at this stage (and I doubt I even have all the parts anymore).

In any case, this should be fun to follow K2!

Kev

Hello Kevin,

What an excellent project ..I recently watched a documentary where treasure hunters and archaeologists got together

And ended up recovering the cannons { guns } which I think has been recovered and have been placed near or outside the WINDSOR CASTLE .

The history buffs and the archaeologists then actually fired real cannons also found were fired and the cannons still work.

It was amazing.

Anyway thought seeing you are building such a magnificent Ship you might want to have a look.

Of course it also proved that the captain of the ship was not responsible for poornavigation and thus the sinking of HMS VICTORY.

www.liveleak.com/view?i=28a_1327410264

Shows the BILLION DOLLAR TREASURE BEING RECOVERED.

www.shipwreck.net/hmsvictoryvideo.php

www.shipwreck.net/g2gallery2/v/ShipwreckProjects/hms_victory

Lovely start to the build.

I am enjoying it and it is just the beginning .

It sure has a lot of details.

I can't open that link to see what you mean but I am 100% sure the HMS Victory is sitting in drydock at Plymouth as we speak and has never been sunk but lovingly maintained.

J

I can't open that link to see what you mean but I am 100% sure the HMS Victory is sitting in drydock at Plymouth as we speak and has never been sunk but lovingly maintained.

J

Right, here's a screen shot.

post-8159-0-78339900-1346857156_thumb.jpg

HMS Victory remains a commissioned ship of the Royal Navy with a RN captain as the Portsmouth flagship.

The confusion may be that an earlier HMS Victory was sunk but that one pre-dated Nelson's flagship.

In Portsmouth today you can stand on the spot on the quarterdeck where Nelson was shot and visit a small shrine to him on the orlop deck where he died as depicted in the famous painting.

This link may be of interest http://www.hms-victory.com/

Here is another link that may be of interest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Victory_(disambiguation)

Edited by BarryWilliams