Modeling buddies/little helpers

Hawkwrench

Well, some pics at last... getting the opportunity to snap one when she was notmadly chasing a furry or feathery toy, or slumped on her cot, has proved somewhat more challenging than I thought :)

Mascha has now been settling in her new home for one week. She is a voracious, talkative, sweet, cuddle-hungry, purring, energetic player, beauty queen. Have you noticed by my words we fell in love with her ;) ?

A57B00F2-2209-4835-950F-1DA01E5EB8F1_zps

E527802C-C1C9-4F49-9D9F-6DB265DBDD95_zps

Hubert

PS: she is well worth the 1 750 kms I drove to get her, of which 1 050 on saturday. She was amazingly well behaved and sweet. Once I opened her transport box, she spent 800 kms on my lap, without ever complaining ...

Edited by MostlyRacers

• 1 month later...
Guest The Southern Bandit

This is my little helper whom I got as a rescue kitten, Ritchie is his name and named him after Ritchie Blackmore my guitar hero who I'll be seeing live again in just over 4 weeks.

He loves stringy things and this is my neighbors garden netting he dragged home and through the cat door, neighbor was not impressed, LOL He's a real character :)

Picture012_zps25ba60e9.jpg

Kittys038_zps21671902.jpg

DSC_0147_zpse6830c9e.jpg

Ritchie approves of my Intruder

DSC_1331_zpsi4f30srl.jpg

Little vid of him in action :)

http://vid172.photobucket.com/albums/w13/Hunter777_photos/0902070047_zps49d9d2ee.mp4

Edited by The Southern Bandit

• 3 weeks later...

named him after Ritchie Blackmore my guitar hero who I'll be seeing live again in just over 4 weeks.

Back in the early 1980s, my friends and I decided we were going to go to the WRAM show, a big East-Coast R/C model show up in Westchester. The three of us got out of the car at a local diner here on Long Island to grab some breakfast before we hit the road, and, as I was walking up the steps, a guy with long black hair emerges from the diner and starts down the same stairs. We meet eyes, he smiles and says "Good morning, it's a bit nasty out, innit?" (It was February, and damn cold) in an English accent.  I smile and respond, "Yes, it is', and he wishes me a good day, and I do likewise. My friends are behind me, oblivious to this english dude.... But I know I've seen him before. Maybe he's one of my dad's policy holders? (He was a State Farm agent)..... Yeah, I know this guy. Oh well, whatever.

Then it hits me. He's the guy in the Rainbow videos on MTV, which still played music back then. Then I realize, "Holy crap, that was Ritchie Frickin' Blackmore out there". He seemed to be a regular dude, no Rock and Roll pretense whatsoever.  My friend Scott, who was there, is a DP fan and thought I was full of it when I pointed it out, but, yeah, it was him.

Guest The Southern Bandit

Back in the early 1980s, my friends and I decided we were going to go to the WRAM show, a big East-Coast R/C model show up in Westchester. The three of us got out of the car at a local diner here on Long Island to grab some breakfast before we hit the road, and, as I was walking up the steps, a guy with long black hair emerges from the diner and starts down the same stairs. We meet eyes, he smiles and says "Good morning, it's a bit nasty out, innit?" (It was February, and damn cold) in an English accent.  I smile and respond, "Yes, it is', and he wishes me a good day, and I do likewise. My friends are behind me, oblivious to this english dude.... But I know I've seen him before. Maybe he's one of my dad's policy holders? (He was a State Farm agent)..... Yeah, I know this guy. Oh well, whatever.

Then it hits me. He's the guy in the Rainbow videos on MTV, which still played music back then. Then I realize, "Holy crap, that was Ritchie Frickin' Blackmore out there". He seemed to be a regular dude, no Rock and Roll pretense whatsoever.  My friend Scott, who was there, is a DP fan and thought I was full of it when I pointed it out, but, yeah, it was him.

Awesome anecdote Lee, thanks for sharing, knew he lived in Long Island USA, soooo Jealous you met him, heh, he really is an idol of mine and seen him play live between Rainbow and Deep Purple quite a few times now over the years, next time is in just under two weeks at Glasgow Scotland, really looking fwd to it, he's 72 now but can still play. Last year was the first time in decades He'd played Hard Rock again and away from his Blackmore Night venture and caught the Birmingham England UK show, glad he's in Scotland this time to save me the travel.

Met a few Rock stars though, quite literally bumped into Steven Tyler in the street in Edinburgh once around about 1989, he was decent enough to stop to chat to me and my friends, we are at the Aerosmith gig the night before and talked about the show mostly ... one thing I regret asking him was, well he'd been out shopping and clearly had been buying Vinyl records as he had one of the towns LP sized carrier bags with what looked like quite a few albums in it, this was when their sales as a format had dropped right off and everyone was buying CD's (Vinyl sales are picking up again now ... but I digress) I'm absolutely kicking myself I never asked him what the records were ... arghhh :)

Great guy though and was good to see him take time out to talk to his fans.

I'll post pics of the Blackmore Rainbow show in the music thread here after the gig.