WnW Roland D.VIa

The1971Show

Took something like a couple of weeks off building the Roland, and in the meantime I also went back to work (construction), so I expect I'll have less time where I have the mental energy to work on things except for weekends... but the good news is that the aftermarket I ordered arrived and I'll take a stab at finishing the wood grain for the interior later this weekend.

I thought I might try decals for some of the grain, and HGW looked like it might be the answer so ordered a sheet but the grain pattern doesn't look any more distinct to my eyes than what I've already been doing, and those lines which repeat across the length of each decal kind of bug me. It could prove useful for 1:48 though, what do you think?

osid_zpse4rawjcj.jpg

Again, sorry for the poor photo quality, but now that I'm working again I think a new computer will be in my future.

I'm excited about the other goodies which showed up in the same package:

unnamed%201_zps3qk6rft9.jpg

Particularly the Wood & Wire 4-colour lozenge with fabric texture; I'm really looking forward to getting a sneak preview of it when I complete that piece which fits behind the cockpit seat.

Thanks for looking,

Darren

• 1 year later...