DH.9a Ninak

Mmarchal

Interior is now coming along nicely. I had to disassemble the seat to get it in. It's probably easier that way anyway. No big deal, just a heads up for those that have this kit. The seat belts are almost ready to be installed, as is the second seat. Clicking the sides together takes a bit of trial and error, but in the end all fits just beautifully. (Yep it literally clicks together - I just ran a bit of Tamiya extra thin cement along the connection points to make sure they don't let go at a later stage)

IMG_2296_zpsxzcgiunq.jpg

I have also started trying to mix a PC10 shade which I like. Think I'll go with about 2/3 Tamiya olive drab and 1/3 Tamiya khaki.

• 2 weeks later...

Voila, all closed up.

Wasn't that easy, it's a very tight fit. Granted, al, problems were caused by myself, not by poor kit design. Make sure to sand off all paint on the mating surfaces, or you'll struggle.

Seems are done and ready to put some paint on.

Only closed up does it become clear how far back the pilot sat in this aircraft, massively long nose.

The kit also provide a nice camera, visible in the last picture.

IMG_2329_zpsxil31xkd.jpg

IMG_2331_zpsacjnhfvn.jpg

IMG_2333_zps09oo2fip.jpg

IMG_2335_zpsvpl5x7e8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It's been some time, but I have been making slow progress. The fuselage is now painted, as is the radiator, which was a bit of a mission. I have also finally figured out how I want to paint the prop and started on that one as well. As usually, I spend some time pinning the wing control surfaces. Without doing that, I am guaranteed to break them off several times. Those WNW attachment points are soooo small. To scale no doubt, but not strong enough for my clumsiness.

IMG_2355_zpspqx8cncr.jpg

IMG_2354_zpsasnedkoz.jpg