Next Group Build Poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Which Group Build would you like to do next

• Iron Rain
    • Flying a Continent; Asia
    • Animal Magnetism

Caterpillar

Kev

LOL. The Spitfire is indeed is an animal of sorts. A nice butterfly or moth should qualify it as a flying thing at least. (Aside thought, Is that is why R.J. did not like the name given to his plane? Hmmm...)

Kev you realize that this thread could easily surpass the color blue GB in length about which ac is blue enough. And folks in our family here can be smart A**es.

Rick

The Air Ministry submitted a list of possible names to Vickers-Armstrong for the new aircraft, then known as the Type 300. One of these was the improbable Shrew. The name Spitfire was suggested by Sir Robert McLean, director of Vickers-Armstrongs at the time, who called his spirited elder daughter Annie Penrose "a little spitfire".[19] The word dates from Elizabethan times and refers to a fiery, ferocious type of person; at the time it usually meant a girl or woman of that temperament.[20] Previously the name had been used unofficially for Mitchell's earlier F7/30 Type 224 design. Mitchell is reported to have said it was "just the sort of bloody silly name they would choose".[21][22]

Source - Wikipedia

Brad, can someone have on build in Two group builds at once? I am getting ready to start a GSB jet with a bunch of bombs beneath it. Just curious if I have to chose either or both.

Yeah, you're gonna have to choose I'm afraid - can't have it in both.

Kev

Out of interest, why not?

Richard

For the same reason that you can't have the same build in a GB and the WiP forum concurrently. Part of it is that we have a policy of not allowing duplicate topic posts, but it's also partly out of a sense of fairness. I think it's a fair and reasonable expectation that entrants in a GB find a dedicated subject for that topic, rather than simply leveraging another build going on elsewhere. Otherwise, you're really only participating in the GB for the sake of it, rather than because the topic grabs you and you really want to get involved.

Kev

So, it's mostly so you don't get the same content duplicated in multiple places - that makes sense to me

<Richard makes a note to omit bombs from his Moth and ignore colour schemes for record attempts across Asia>

Richard

Edited by RLWP

So, it's mostly so you don't get the same content duplicated in multiple places - that makes sense to me

Richard

Pretty much. If taken to its logical extreme, we could end up with 2 GB topics that overlap 100%, with exactly the same builds entered into each. Which would be utterly pointless, as you can imagine.

Kev