REVELL Me262 "Nightfighter"

Chris/Germany

... so I decided to start my next "theme"-project, depicting german nightfighters.

...I set myself a time schedule of something around 2 years to complete the whole project...

Woohoo! :lol: Now that really is something to look forward to over the next two years! B)

Fantastic start Chris - as well as being a master ripper you are also a master of understatement...

compressor wheels made from alu-pieces,
alu pieces... it looks like you have the rolex factory doing special orders for you! How did you make those?!?

Great article too (I missed it when on holiday - thanks for the link). Also very sorry to hear of the accident. Isn't it amazing how people have so much difficulty understanding the two simple words, "Don't Touch" ?

I'll have to hurry and send a belated congratulations email to Chris Hannover now. I had no idea of his Bodensee expo win!

Chris, nice looking work. Very sorry about the corsair. how soon on the 110, which bird, radar.... did a college paper on the Kammhuber line for history class on year. the spinning Jumo will be a trick! will you use the Rutman 'pit?

cheers Mike

Thanx mates!
Mike, the project will include ( at least) 2 Me110, one of them in an overall black sheme, the second one in nightfighter grey cammo, and I don't know which radar-equippment they will get 'cause the 110s will be started after the 262s are done.
Koala: will post a pic of how I'm doing the compressor-wheels while the build of the second 262, is much easier than it looks when the turbine is finished! wink.gif

cheers

Chris "the ripper"

framework on the wing has also started: main spar and front spar installed, positions of ribs marked. She will get a full set of "working-flaps", means: landing flaps are down, slats extended .

enjoy

Chris "the ripper"

post-4-1134083953.jpg

Thanx mates!
As you can see........even an old REVELL can be fun! wink.gif
Hey Piet, here's the link to my article 'bout the built of my Jug "Hun Hunter " , take a look at part 2 where I precisely described my "hot-metal-technique" step by step.

Enjoy

Chris "the ripper"

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=565

Guest LSP_Jay L

Did I mention that I'm a lazy modeller? wink.gif

laugh.gif Any guy that scratch builds all of the detail you do is allowed to leave out some tedious work mate!!

Cheers mate,

Jay

I dont really think that even the rivets were sanded down at the Me's , if you take a look at the nice walkaround of the German Me 262 in the "German Museum" in Munich ( link were posted a few days ago in the "discussion" forum) still a bit of riveting is visible at wings and fuselage, although they are really, really flush and in some areas nearly covered by the paint.
Think I wont do too much riveting, except some areas on the wings were the engine nacelles are mounted and some access / removable panels.

hope this helps

cheers

Chris