1/32 Horten Ho 229 - even more pictures

Wurzacher

I really want a few of these.  I see a Kettenkrad pulling a 229 out of the hanger, With a second in the final stages of begging built in the back. The third has to be made flying!!!!  Those clean lines :piliot:  

I think I have a problem? Just counted how many books I have on this on aircraft  ( Six )  Still missing the Monagram one to? :doh:

Cheers

Is it possible to list what those six books are?

I received a email reply from Mr. Shigeta Of Zoukei-mura

Thank you for your email.
We are challenging ourselves with this wonderful Ho229 kit that will
surprise you!!

Thank you also for your comments about the option and armaments.
Regarding the two seat version, we plan to recreate it as an after part.

Please continue supporting our SWS brand in the future.

Hideyuki Shigeta
President of Zoukei-mura

Regarding the two seat version, we plan to recreate it as an after part. ? !!!!   With that comment I see a few more kits sold  :hmmm:

Cheers

The beauty of this aircraft is it's inovation and asthetic appeal. Being that it actually did fly but never got into production puts it in that ood position much like the Avro Arrow.. the 'what might have been' scenario. As well, the work ZM has done to duplicate the structure under the skin is stunning...this is a master craftsman effort. Thus it has appeal to everyone who loves aircraft. Beautiful lines, inovative construction, WW II, a jet....it covers all the bases. Build it sans skin and show off the structure.. build it with skin but unpainted, wood, metal and fabric... build it in factory 02 with the wings off on cradles in the hanger.... or in any number of color schemes including captured or foreign markings.....

And now they are saying they will have the two seat version as an add on....

This is gonna be a winner !!

:popcorn:

Vaughn

Typhoonattack   This link is for the #1 Horten book. Thanks to Rich

Ho229 'Spirit Of Thuringia' reprint now available

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=48806

The other books are by Schiffer

# 3 http://www.amazon.com/dp/0887403573/ref=asc_df_08874035732896678?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=pg-1583-86-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395097&creativeASIN=0887403573

#3 + 4 Horten Ho 9/Ho 229: Technical History - David Myhra - Hardcover  also the second half The Horten Ho9/Ho229 Retrospective

#5 Flying Wings Of The Horten Brothers IBSN 08740 886 9 by Hans-Peter Dabrowski

#6 Horten Ho9 By David Myhra  X planes of the Third Reich Series ISBN 0 7643 0916 1

# 7  http://www.amazon.com/Monogram-Close-Up-12-Horten-229/dp/091414412X  Not a Schiffer book.  Also  this is the copy I don't have.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

Yes Rich 

beware the Myhra books for technical accuracy

not claiming to be a Luftwaffe expert, that's just what I've read after researching all of these books whilst selling them     

I found a few photos saying it was the V3 version, When it was the V2 version and vise versa.   V2 is the one that actually flew. V3 is what is in the Smithsonian just for info for you folks. 

Same for me on both quotes

Cheers