Nieuport 11 Duks (or Dux, or Дук�...) made (russian)

Zero77

It's virtually done now. I now just have to spray thin brown wash on the underside and add a bit of dirt splash on the wheels and under the lower wing and tail. And then, go to the display to keep the Sopwith Pup company ! :)

The last steps were : 

-building the gun mount (parts are supplied but i broke the resin tiny strut and i did not like the PE part for a tubular part. So i only used the V shaped part and built the rest from scratch).

-add the small reinforcement tail struts (made with styrene profiles as i did not like the kit parts).

-chose and paint a Gaspatch Lewis MG. I chose the Mk.II.

-Glue the wings.

-detail and paint the tail skid. I applied an additional coat of putty to add with on the rear underside of the part to give the illusion of an added steel blade hold in place by the brace, and it worked nicely.

-Replace the aileron control rods (the kit ones were short and thick) by styrene 0.64mm profiles, cut them to lenght and glue them inside the cockpit on the control stick brackets (hard to see on the picture, sorry).

20160625_032332_zps4dswzal9.jpg
20160625_032322_zps4qw2ykrk.jpg
20160625_032315_zpsd3xhrsjl.jpg
20160625_032055_zpsezgkkqik.jpg
20160625_032105_zps8xc3i6gg.jpg
20160625_032123_zpsid2xpb2b.jpg
20160625_032137_zpsvebugqch.jpg
20160625_032041_zpsjxgx0mqi.jpg
20160625_031935_zpsjmzim7ja.jpg
20160625_031921_zpsfdu5fjjl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

What a magnificent build, Nicolas.

(I came across this thread while looking for references to do a small Radio Control Nieuport 11 ... and I found plenty - thanks.

Now I'll have to read all of your other WWI threads!!)

Gene K

Thank you guys ! :)

Now I'll have to read all of your other WWI threads!!)

Gene K

It will be quick, i only finished 3 WW1 models. :)

Glad my WIP can help you for your RC Nie.11 !

Very nice job on this kit. Mine never made it this far before I gave up (mine might have been the 16 though, I don't really recall).

Get back to it if you can ! There are a lot of little annoying traps in this kit, but it's a good kit (better than the Roden Nieuport series in my opinion) and with a little work it's quite easy to build. The kit engine cowling is correct for a Nie-16.

Absolument superbe !!! 

Je suis sur un N16 et ton montage me sert de référence !

ça semble facile en voyant tes posts mais c'est un vrai montage d'homme ce kit !!! :)

Absolutely amazing Work !!

I building a Nie16 and your work serves as my reference !

It looks easy when we saw your work but this kit is a real man mounting !!

:beer4:

Edited by X15

Merci à toi !

J'ai aussi le Nie.16 en stock, pas au programme dans l'immédiat mais je sais déjà que le ferai avec un camouflage et des fusées. :)

Montage d'homme, oui et non. Il y a du travail de nettoyage et de renfort, mais globalement ça s'ajuste pas mal, et les détails sortis de boîte sont bon, donc c'est déjà pas mal ! Comparé à ton Caudron, je ne pense pas que ça soit un gros problème pour toi ! :)

• 1 year later...