• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 ziggyfoos

ziggyfoos

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

So you're saying that his business model depends upon me to subsidise the postage of his other customers? There's not enough no in the world for that.

Too late, you already paid!

While it's not going to get your partial money back, there could be an argument that the charge on the invoice was listed as "REGISTERED international first class shipping & handling" it doesn't look like it was sent as registered mail - which is pricey.
  • MARU5137 and Clunkmeister like this

#32 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:58 PM

And it's going to prevent me from ever paying again. There are other Vendors who don't resort to this sort of nonsense.

#33 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,029 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

I actually agree with TonyT on this one.  It ain't even close here, actually. 

The guy advertises $25.00 Flat Rate, that's what you pay. Period.

Assuming it's stated clearly on the website, and you click on the shipping before you place your order, then it's up to you if you choose to do business with the company.

Now, if he tried to stiff you for extra shipping after stating $25.00 flat rate, then I'd have a big problem

• MARU5137 and Joel_W like this

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

#34 Mark P

Mark P

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:08 PM

Then that is the risk the seller has to accept. By all means, shop somewhere else if the flat rate of $25.00 is too high to accept. That is your option to undertake as the buyer. However, the seller did state his terms of the sale.

And for what it is worth, there are many other sellers who do the same thing. Have you tried ordering from Squadron Shop for international delivery? That just one example. E-bay is filled with this practice.

Mark Proulx

• MARU5137 and Clunkmeister like this

#35 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,029 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

I was once essentially blackmailed for overcharging $1.86 on postage. He threatened "public displays of outrageous opinion" and asked for $1 back. Among other things, I told him go ahead and also he'd find most cases I undercharge actual shipping.

Same here.  I sold a collector a very rare and expensive resin set and I had put a flat rate for shipping the box on ebay.

He got the kit at a very good price and once he received the goods, he put up a negative review which made PP not release my money.

He then explained that he only way I would get my money was if I agreed to refund him the shipping costs.

I offered to buy back the kit, plus his shipping, but of course he didn't want that, being that he had bought my stuff at a huge discount.

I disputed it through PP, and still,  it took 90+ days to get my money.

Some guys try anything to get a leg up.  This guy was one of the most adept. With 6000+ transactions on ebay, he had way more power with them than I did.

I'm pretty easy going around here, but I have ZERO sympathy for those who don't read contracts before signing or clicking. If you agree to something, then it is as you agreed. Nothing more, but nothing less, either.

Edited by Clunkmeister, 17 July 2017 - 06:24 PM.

• MARU5137 likes this

#36 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,029 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:45 PM

Then that is the risk the seller has to accept. By all means, shop somewhere else if the flat rate of $25.00 is too high to accept. That is your option to undertake as the buyer. However, the seller did state his terms of the sale.

And for what it is worth, there are many other sellers who do the same thing. Have you tried ordering from Squadron Shop for international delivery? That just one example. E-bay is filled with this practice.

Mark Proulx

Yup, I buy from Hannants and they do exactly the same thing. It's a fact of life. Either get used to it, or crawl back inside.

#37 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:36 PM

And again I would remove access to your address off public forums.

You have posted an image with the shipping details on it, entering that code on the shipping agents site will reveal all.

Edited by TonyT, 17 July 2017 - 07:41 PM.

#38 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:39 PM

As an example of what I was saying re covering losses, this sums it up perfectly.

http://forum.largesc...422#entry939391

#39 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:46 PM

And again I would remove access to your address off public forums.

You have posted an image with the shipping details on it, entering that code on the shipping agents site will reveal all.

I had forgotten about the tracing number. I'll have to blur that out. In the meantime the image is gone.

• TonyT likes this

#40 LSP_Mike

LSP_Mike

LSP Staff

• LSP Moderator
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

The point is that when we (the consumer) accept charges, we also accept that as the cost of doing business. IF the seller was up front, and you accepted the terms by purchasing an item, then that is a done deal. I understand not being happy about it, but that is the consumers right to vote with their wallet, and not buy from that vendor again. Take the lesson and move on.

• dmthamade and Clunkmeister like this

in progress:

1/32 Hase Me-109G2/R6
1/35 Su-85/ winter- attach to base
1/32 DH-9a USMC- Delivered to Flying Leathernecks Museum, MCAS Miramar
1/32 Mig-3:winter paint and weathering: in progress and base
Yacht America need some parts.

I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place...
Yes, I built models when I was a kid too.... no they're not toys....

#41 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:20 PM

Be assured that I have done so.

• TonyT and Clunkmeister like this

#42 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

Lesson learnt and all that :)

You have to be extra aware when posting images too, I once saw one on eBay that had his credit card details and Bill etc showing behind the object he was selling, you would be surprised the fopars I see, I've seen people selling software and posting images including the activation code.... In those cases I sent messages to those involved who thanked me and removed them quickly. Hopefully before any damage was done.
  • Clunkmeister and Joel_W like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users