Warning: Joydecals

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:54 AM

Part 2 of the problem begins. Look at the difference between the postage charged compared to the postage actually paid to the US Post Office:

{image removed to prevent abuse of package tracing}

I have asked when I can expect my $10.05 refund.

Edited by Jessie_C, 17 July 2017 - 07:45 PM.

#17 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 39,726 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:01 AM

That's usually where the "and Handling" comes in.

Kev

• LSP_Typhoonattack, Clunkmeister and Joel_W like this

#18 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

Placing 2 small decal sheets and a cardboard sleeve inside an envelope is not worth $10.05 in anyone's universe. And even if he drives a tank, it can't possibly cost him that much to drive to the Post Office.

I don't buy it.

#19 LSP_Kevin

LSP_Kevin

• Administrator
  • 39,726 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:08 AM

I'm not saying it's not a rip-off, I'm just saying that that will be his justification. I've been on the receiving end of it myself.

Kev

#20 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:18 AM

If that's the case, I hope that he will enjoy the experience of never having to bother with those troublesome customers ever again.

#21 ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:39 AM

I've seen worse, I've stopped buying from the US due to the high cost of shipping.

But $10.00 more than actual shipping cost is much better than what I have seen in the past. He still has to pay for the envelope and any packing material.

#22 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:54 AM

Nope, I don't buy that either. Cost of doing business is supposed to be built into the selling price of your merchandise, not tacked on afterwards. That's bordering on false advertising and fraud.

#23 Joe66

Joe66

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:10 AM

....But there is a whole invoice, shipping label, extra tape and the "special" gold envelope..... I'm with ya...I couple bucks for handling is ok, but $10 plus dollars is nuts !

Not to mention, that the post office and other shippers will pick up from your door....

Joe
"The quality remains, long after the price is forgotten"
- Sir Walter Raleigh

#24 thierry laurent

thierry laurent

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:46 AM

Alas, it is a quite common issue. I have bought hundreds of articles abroad and can say that I paid what I consider to be a realistic price for post and packing in less than 25% of the cases!

The fact is some resellers hide part of their margin in that cost. This is not very fair but is a fact.

Others are shipping for a very low price but you get your articles in a basic envelope... For books, this often results in crushed corners of the binding.

And finally, most resellers just want to be on the secure side and take the lazy approach. They are not fully sure about the actual cost, more particularly for overseas posting. So, they simply inflate grossly the p and p to be sure to cover their costs.

I am always surprised seeing how much most resellers underestimate such a problem for the customer as in any case for the latter that dimension is just part of the global cost and a major clue depicting the customer care level...

#25 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:18 PM

He also has to cover himself for no shows, if say 1 in 10 get lost in the post through unscrupulous individuals or genuinely lost, he needs to cover that too.... I seriously cannot see why you are getting your knickers in a twist and doing the guy down like this.

I will say this once and once only

flat rate of $25.00 for postage

That means if YOUR postage comes to $40 you pay $25, if YOUR postage comes to $100 YOU pay $25, if YOUR postage comes to $1 YOU pay $25

You wouldn't be on here  putting the guy down if you had ordered items and the postage was more that $25 would you?.. I am sorry but the guy is UP FRONT with his charges and YOU accepted them when ordering............. YOU HAVE NO COME BACK and it is just wrong to make him out as the bad guy in this.!!!!!!

This is just plainly wrong and to have a  re pop at him with images of the receipt and postage envelope making no mention it is a set charge, so inferring the guy is ripping you off,  he probably calculated the postage costs for a year and then divided them up to arrive at the figure, it is a good marketing ploy to as it encourages people to buy more to reduce postal costs.

International postage covers everywhere from Siberia to Mexico to China to Canada...

Edited by TonyT, 17 July 2017 - 02:00 PM.

• MARU5137 and Clunkmeister like this

#26 TonyT

TonyT

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

Ohh and probably not a good idea to put your address on an open forum.

#27 ziggyfoos

ziggyfoos

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

Tony does have a very good point, Joy was upfront on the shipping charges and you did go through with the purchase accepting you're paying $25.

Granted $25 is pretty high, but like Tony mentioned too, I'm sure Joy has a rationale for the $25 charge. It appears envelope was addressed by hand and paid at a physical post office rather than printed online, so presumably he also had to hand fill out the customs form too. I know it may not take long to do, but I'd get tired of that super fast myself. Who knows, maybe he doesn't like dealing with international shipments and put a high charge for his lowest total that he would accept to ship them.

I was once essentially blackmailed for overcharging $1.86 on postage. He threatened "public displays of outrageous opinion" and asked for $1 back. Among other things, I told him go ahead and also he'd find most cases I undercharge actual shipping.
  • Joel_W likes this

#28 Mark P

Mark P

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:23 PM

I agree, the seller was upfront about the charges, the terms you agreed too by making the purchase.

I see this happen a lot, especially on E-bay. When I see outrageous fees being charged for postage, I pass on the purchase. If a "must have", I contact the seller in advance to discuss optional shipping. If no other option available then I have to choose to pass or "suck it up" as a matter of doing business for a "must have" item.

That a risk that the seller has to accept.

Mark Proulx

#29 Joel_W

Joel_W

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

No matter what I buy and from whom, I always go through the order process to see what the actual postage charges will be. If I feel that they're to high, then I just delete the order. The only case this doesn't apply to is Sprue Brothers, who always has a credit issued for postage due to how they have to calculate postage. On the other hand I won't buy from Squadron Shops because of their postage charges, and that's even if they have the items in stock that I'm interested in. 

While I see your point that the shipping charges are rather high, you could have just as easily canceled the order, and looked else where for those decals. But if the decals in question were discontinued and or rare, then you would have to base your decision to purchase on those factors as well. 

Joel

‚Äč 57JzwY.jpg

Just Completed: Trumpeter 1/32 Scale A-4E Scooter

On my Bench: Kitty Hawk 1/32 Scale AV-10A Bronco

#30 Guest_Jessie_C_*

Guest_Jessie_C_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:31 PM

I will say this once and once only

flat rate of $25.00 for postage

That means if YOUR postage comes to $40 you pay $25, if YOUR postage comes to $100 YOU pay $25, if YOUR postage comes to $1 YOU pay $25

So you're saying that his business model depends upon me to subsidise the postage of his other customers? There's not enough no in the world for that.

• phantomdriver likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users