Is there or isn't there a 1/32 DC-3 kit?

holzemjo

Hello y'all!

So, once and for all: Does anybody know of a 1/32 DC-3/C-47 kit, no matter what sort? The kit database lists a vacform kit by "Schmidt Modellbau" that I wasn't able to find and Combat Models announced one for release in 2016 but then apparently life got in the way, in any case it's not on their website. I know about the Guillows kit, but I feel I'm better off investing the 80-something bucks in a bunch of styrene and a set of plans than to take that kit as a starting point for building a detailed model.

So, does anyone know anything? It's a real shame, I mean, we are talking about one of the most iconic planes in aviation history, and there is just nothing out there! :shrug:

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Greets, Jonas

One here, if you want to wait: https://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the-douglas-dc3.html

Richard

Ah, right, forgot to mention that one... I know about that, but I don't have that kind of spare change lying around and I don't feel that it's a particularly good model for that kind of money... Thank you nevertheless!

Ah, right, forgot to mention that one... I know about that, but I don't have that kind of spare change lying around and I don't feel that it's a particularly good model for that kind of money... Thank you nevertheless!

Yes - absolutely! I was surprised to find such a thing in the first place

Richard

I am a skeptical old geezer. I'll believe it when I see it. :hmmm:

But we modelers are dreamers and optimists at heart and I will be delighted when it appears, not in a trade show but actually on the dealer's shelves ready for sale.  :punk:

... I recently had a brief conversation with them about the possibility of a DO 17 series of aircraft ...

How did that one go? ... The Do.17z is number one on my hit list, number 2 being the HKM Ju.52 currently in development.

I remember exchanging emails with Mirek about 2-3yrs ago asking him about that one ...

He pointed to me funding the development of a model kit up front and preordering a bunch ... 

Needless to say this was a prohibitively expensive exercise for someone like me.

Rog :)

How did that one go? ... The Do.17z is number one on my hit list, number 2 being the HKM Ju.52 currently in development.

I remember exchanging emails with Mirek about 2-3yrs ago asking him about that one ...

He pointed to me funding the development of a model kit up front and preordering a bunch ... 

Needless to say this was a prohibitively expensive exercise for someone like me.

Perhaps less so if you can gather a group of people together to fund it - maybe through an internet forum?

Richard

Perhaps less so if you can gather a group of people together to fund it - maybe through an internet forum?

Richard

True ... but Mirek was talking some BIG sums of outlay up front ... Obviously you'd have to translate the gist from his English ... but here's his end response to me 9/02/15:

"The Do.17 is possible to do.

Expected enduser price is around 22O EUR, To start this project is to order 200 boxes, each for 135 EUR (without VAT) and to pay 6.000 EUR downpayment. Then you will received first amount of boxes. The rest step by step.

That are basic conditions. the rest we can discussed later. The question is Revell?"

At that point I figured I'd shelve the idea - and pray to my dear and fluffy lord that someone would ease our pain and pop one out!