It ain't the airbrush. It's the paint.

davral64

Once the compressed air is out past the Venturi the pressure drop is pretty quick so no, it's not going to blow your model away. Anyway, you should have the model on a stand or held in your hand so you can twist and turn it to get the paint into all the nooks and crannies. If you've got it in your hand, try wearing a blue nitrile glove, stops getting fingerprints everywhere and more importantly keeps the paint off your skin.

MMP doesn't like being over thinned. Stick with the factory recommendation which is something like 10:2:2, that's paint drops:thinner:additive. It doesn't help that MMP's instructions change from ratios to percentages and other units every other line of text! Build it up in thin misted layers. 15-18-20 psi is the pressure range you really need to be in with this paint. You're still way too low on pressure, the results you're getting are classic low pressure faults.

Having a little work done on your airbrush can also make a huge difference. From the factory the needle is a smooth as a brick! Take it out of the airbrush (very carefully) and give it a polish with a paper kitchen towel and a dab of Tamiya Polishing Compound. Clean the gunk off with Thinners and your needle should be dead smooth. Then carefully put it back in place and try again. I've done this on all of my airbrushes, from cheap Chinese clones to Iwata, Harder and Steenbeck and Olympos (the best of the lot IMHO). I've also done this on my friends airbrushes when they visit, doing before and after tests and there is a noticeable improvement in spray quality.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby