A Very Sad Day - Passing of Dr. Charles Metz

I am very sad as I write to you about the passing of my friend Charlie Metz. Charlie died of cancer today at his home surrounded and comforted by his family. Charlie suffered little pain.

I will surely miss him, our shared interests in the history of aviation, model building, and discussions about politics or world events over strong coffee or while riding in his 'Z3.

I raise my glass to you Charlie my friend. I will not forget you!

Rick

NO !!! Gee this is terrible news. He will be missed very much here and in my heart. My most sincere condolences to you and his family. Please pass them along. I will miss him.....Harv

Oh no, this is very sad- I was cleaning my work area today, and found some Echelon Lightning info he sent me a while back, which made me think of him, and I hoped he was doing better. I never got to meet him in person, but I always had the greatest respect for him, and his incredible knowledge of all things aviation related. On a more personal note, Pancreatic Cancer took my Dad in 2007, and I always hope that other people who get this disease will beat it, but unfortunately this is not often the case- Rest in Peace, Charles, and know that we will miss you. Now, I should dig out that Echelon Lightning, and add it to the fallen comrades GB....

I'm in shock. I was just thinking of Charlie today, wondering how he was going, as he'd been quiet lately. I was going to send him a message enquiring about his health and progress. He was one of the Internet's great sources of modelling knowledge and wisdom, as well as a valued staffer here - the only one upon whom we bestowed the privilege of eschewing the "LSP_" prefix. I still can't believe he's gone...

Kev

This is awful news. I only knew Charles through the fora. He was a wise erudite and urbane man and a great resource who loved to share. I didn't know him, but I know I'll miss him.

Very sad news indeed. I always valued his huge knowledge and fine sense of humor. Though I did not have the best feeling when I heard of his pancreatic cancer. I'll certainly miss him.

My condolences to his family.

This is a shock, and very sad news! I only knew him through the various websites, and have always been impressed not only by his knowledge in so many areas of interest but his willingness to share. He had a fine sense of humour, and was a true gentleman. He is going to be missed, and it's true, it will not be the same without him here!

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Richard

Very sad news, I've truly enjoyed our time together here as LSP staff. He was great man, with great knowledge, wit and wisdom. I was also just wondering where he's been the last few days since he was pretty consistent checking in with staff.

He will be missed.

Rest in peace Charles Metz

Ron

I really do not know what to say...

When I checked in here, I always look at the new topics. When I saw this, my heart sunk. Godspeed Dr. Metz, you will be greatly missed by all of us.