Dragon/ AIMS 1/32 Messerschmitt BF110 G-4 2Z+GB Stab 1./NJG6..........Finished!!

monthebiff

Andy,

Very inspiring work! I didn't know about this conversion...I will check it out!

Cheers, Tom

Thanks for looking in Tom, John has put together a fantastic conversion set and definately worth checking out!!

Regards. Andy

Had a really good day at the bench today and finally finished the upper cockpit panel, this has been pretty tricky getting everything built into place including pilots roll hoop, radio racks etc so I can paint this as one sub assembly and drop it onto the completed cockpit for a much tidier finish in the long run! I used a mix of styrene and brass rod, a few archer resin rivets and a revi gunsight from quickboost. I probably spent more time looking at pictures and waiting for glue to dry properly rather than rushing the build than actually building but I think my patience payed of in the end.

20180123_194938.jpg

20180123_195015.jpg

20180123_195054.jpg

20180123_195054.jpg

And dry fitted to the cockpit tub.

20180123_195316.jpg

20180123_195217.jpg

20180123_195324.jpg

Very happy to get this sub assembly finished and achieve a good fit with all in alignment. There may be sme better ways of building this area up which I'm sure we will see on some other builds of this conversion but after lots and lots of thought I felt this was the best way to tackle this area and achive a nice clean paint finish. Johns unpainted show model is a great starting point when working on this conversion but you do need to think ahead a little when building certain area's on this one as you have to build a bit of strength into the sub assembly as you go rather than having lots of small painted sub assemblies which could well ping apart under paint!!

As ever thanks for checking by.

Regards. Andy

Edited by monthebiff

That looks marvellous Andy, incredibly and accurately detailed. Painting that frame assembly is surely going to be a challenge though you've obviously given a lot of thought to what you think is the best method for you.

Max

Thank you Max and yes as you mention the painting will surely be a challenge but I do believe this is the better way to bring this area together rather than bringing two or three painted sub assemblies togethet to make this one..........but also I will probably be proves wrong and someone come up with a much cleaner working of this area.V ery much looking foward to see how everyone tackles this area as we see more WIP's of this conversion appearing.

Regards. Andy

Beautiful work Andy, some lovely extra detail going into this one. Lovely stuff!

Torben

Thank you Torben, Would love to have gone further in this area but a mixture of minimal clear pictures and lack of space as I kept adding detail made sure I kept in the back of my mind that I do have to paint this area as one sub assembly made me stop where I did.

Regards. Andy

Your patience paid off big-time Andy!  That upper cockpit looks amazing.  I love the small touches like the wire ties and the mix of braided and plain wires.

Thank you John, I spent quite a bit of time deciding how to add as much interesting detail as possible as well as using a few differnet materials mainly for ease of assembly more than anything.

Regards. Andy

That tubing, really adds some depth and realism to the space.

Great stuff!

Gaz

Bit of a pain to add at times but we got there in the end, pleased I used mainly evergreen rod where possible for the frames as it has ended up to be very strong which I dont think I would have had using only brass wire glued together with cyno.

Regards. Andy