What happened to thoses Trumpeter kits!!

Sukhoi

:m0152: ..............that's what i did when i saw this appear years ago, know it's more like this...... :hmmm:  :hmmm:  :hmmm:  :hmmm:

I did the same thing waaaay back in, what was it? 2002-3-4 when they announced a A-6 Then the F 14 and F 18 showed up almost unannounced while I was still awaiting the A6... and how many others? Between then and now? Just saying, I feel your pain.

I do not buy that. I know many people who like the Buccaneer among my friends and they are not from UK or South Africa.

With such a philosophy only Israeli modellers would build IAF planes...

That's great that some of your friends like the Buc but keep in mind that demographics are changing. Believe I read that the average modeler is a 30 year old Asian. I'm not a marketing expert but I'm guessing there is very little interest in a relatively obscure jet like the Buc amongst that group. At the end of the day, they need to make money. Best way to do that is to offer kits with the highest sales potential.

Best way to do that is to offer kits with the highest sales potential.

If that were true then the only aircraft we'd ever see kitted - from any manufacturer, in any scale - would be endless Spitfires, Mustangs and Bf-109's. Besides which, aiming for the 30 year old Asian male doesn't explain the Trumpeter EE Lightning, Swordfish, F-117 or Super Hornet - all of which have very limited appeal in the Asian market - or indeed the lack of any Japanese aircraft in their 1/32 catalogue.