Bucker B131D Jungmann

mozart

Maybe build up several layers of white glue at the ends?

That's what I used on a 1/48th version I built for an owner. I twisted a ring of copper wire to slip over the wire to act as a border, then dabbed on some white glue to simulate the boot.

It can be pinched to flatten it when it's semi-set. At the wing junction, a wash round the reinforcing plates simulated the gap well enough.

One other detail that comes to mind and doesn't appear to be on the kit is that the under-fuselage panel has a row of stitching along its centreline.

I did actually cut 5 thou panels and drilled the central edges to stitch them together with invisible thread. Not that they were  ever seen again...

Scotts, Brian and Chek: thanks for your thoughts and suggestions, pretty much along the lines I had in mind and I'll probably go with Milliput as a first try.

Max

I would go with Scotts solution - string the tension lines and then place a few drops of white glue on the lugs - the glue will flow out slightly along the lines from the base. White glue is also easy to remove if there are mistakes!

Looking great so far!

Cheers

Alan

WOW, very nice build. I am truly impressed by the quality of your photos. Wish I could take pics like that.

Thank you Emmdee, the Bucker as I've said previously is a lovely little kit and a real pleasure to build. I've been using a camera and photo-editing for a long time now so I guess experience is the key?!

Max

Looking very nice. I recently built the old Matchbox Tiger Moth and I am impressed with the similarities in the two aircraft. And the engine for the Bucker looks an awful lot like the Gypsy Major engine in the tiger moth.

Kit looks great and your craftsmanship ship is stupendous overall!

Zach

Cheers Zach. The top wing is now on and rigging proper starting shortly, I'll take some pictures later hopefully. Yes the two are similar in many ways visually but the fundamental difference is that the Bucker was designed for purpose as a trainer, making it as easy to fly as possible whereas the Tiger Moth just happened to be the best that was available for the Air Ministry's needs at that time. Have you posted any shots of your Tiger?

Max

Really enjoying this Max.

Milliput would be a great choice for your rigging end covers  - the Original green variant seems to be generally a little less brittle than others i've used.

Another thought might be worth to to try an experiment with is MrSurfacer500, especially if the wiring is already in situ and the tension firmed up. Paint on a little at a time using the thicker paint from the inside of the lid to build up to the right thickness. Definitely works better if you let it dry thoroughly between coats. Once fully dry you can easily fine tune and sand/file/scrape it which you'll have moe difficulty with white glue. All that said, I'm not sure how robust/flexible it would be if knocked or handled roughly compared with white glue or Milliput. 

Torben

• 3 weeks later...

Any progress on this one?

I will be starting mine soon.

Yep, top wing is on and nicely aligned with its rigging secured, I haven't fitted one cabane strut at all so that hopefully I can get the rigging forward of the cockpit easily fitted.....we'll see shortly!!

9hdiFN.jpg

je4dX9.jpg

yj7ull.jpg

I'm close to finishing my Bf110E so the Bucker is having to wait till then, to be followed by an Fw44D Stieglitz.  Good  luck with your Jungmann, you'll enjoy it I'm sure.