Dragon Bf110E

mozart

that looks bloody amazing - a real tricky finish wonderfully rendered :)

I so wish I could paint...

brilliant Max, really, really brilliant..

Peter

Thank you Peter for your very kind words; I'll swap you painting skills for foiling/metal skills! :)

Looking really good

Cheers Ron! I managed to get the canopy parts masked yesterday but I'm off for a week's holiday today so the closing stages of the build will have to wait a while. It's been good practice for the trickier G-4 build though.

Hi Max, your build looks great.  The paint job and weathering are first class.  

Ernest 

Thanks Ernest, making a black aircraft look a little interesting has been a bit of a challenge at times, but great fun!  :yahoo:

Like the real Mozart, your user name is quite apt. You , Sir, are an artist. Hat off!!!

I'm very flattered Gerhard, thank you! Unfortunately my user name has nothing to do with the composer, it was the wartime call sign for 467 squadron flying Lancasters out of RAF Waddington, the squadron being a special area of interest for me, hence my website www.ordinarycrew.co.uk

Edited by mozart

• 2 weeks later...

I've spent a lot of hours masking all the glasswork, I must admit I succumbed to buying an Eduard pre-cut mask for it which is my book is kind of cheating, but why not!  The inside framing is so exposed and needed somehow to have the RLM02 finish so, although it was fiddly, I sprayed some tape then cut strips of varying thicknesses and laid them in place.  It's not perfect when viewed through an optivisor but it works with the Mk 1 eyeball!

ak8TeZ.jpg

nPBr3w.jpg

These are just roughly placed; the next tricky job is to get the aft two sections secured together plus the top bit, not shown here, as one assembly.  Not too far to go now though!! 

Hah! My pain is over!  I guess with an RLM66 interior the inner frame colour isn't quite such an issue, though that depends on your colour scheme I guess.  I'm still worried about that vacu-form aft section on the G-4 but I can't see an alternative.  Once the E's canopy's sorted there's just a couple of hours work left before I can utter that not-often-heard phrase: Model completed!!  :piliot:

i dont think the vac canopy will be as much as an issue as rumored.

I just did my first on my MIG-15, relatively painless

It's not the vac canopy per se Shawn, it's the visual compatibility between the IM front sections and the vac aft section.

i dont think the vac canopy will be as much as an issue as rumored.

I just did my first on my MIG-15, relatively painless

It's not the vac canopy per se Shawn, it's the visual compatibility between the IM front sections and the vac aft section.

Agreed Max/ Shawn, the vac canopy fit is pretty good butits just the differnce between the two canopy materials but my feeling is that when it is all together, painted and finished then it wont really be an issue. Been working hard on getting this area sorted today so will hopefully be able to update soon so you can see what I mean.

Regards. Andy