Photo

Just saw the website. P.11 and a Fokker XXI with Falco on page 1???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mpk

mpk

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:09 AM

Falco?

This looks interesting.

tumblr_nbsv0qBvl01sfiug7o1_500.gif

A couple of questions.

1. With resin kits like this, is there much sanding of resin involved?

2. Can they be built by muppets like me, or does one need to be an expert?

Great choice of subject matter. A 1/32 Chaika??? Wow! :o

• Zero77 likes this

WARNING! Member, MPK, has a brain that is slowly losing function. Some posts may appear strange. If this makes one uncomfortable, I urge one to place MPK on ignore. MPK will try to post as little as possible. If and when will be questions regarding modelling only.

MPK.

#2 Zero77

Zero77

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,650 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

The Silver Wings kits are amongst the nicest and easier resin kits to build. The fit is usually very good, and the cleaning is minimal. You dont have to sand a lot, and most of the cleaning can be done with a blade.

Of course, it's a resin kit, so it's still more difficult than a plastic kit for various reasons, especially for a biplane. (Gluing the wingstruts and the upper wing with fast-curing CA is not simple !). But otherwise they are very buildable.

It's a very good choice to try something new if you never built resin kits before.

You can have a look at my P-6E WIP if you want to see what it looks like, how is the fit, and how it does need to be cleaned or not. And there are various other Silver Wings kits WIP in the WIP forum.

http://forum.largesc...showtopic=54237

Edited by Zero77, 11 April 2017 - 09:51 AM.

• sandokan and mpk like this

Following the big Photobucket rip-off attempt, all my pictures on the forum cannot display anymore. I try to reupload the RFI pictures, but i'm not sure i'd have enough time and energy to reupload the pictures of the WIP threads. If you're interested in a specific subject and want me to reupload some pictures, just let me know. :) 

Finished : F-16C Barak, F-4J VMF333, Czech Mig-19PM, Bell X-1, Russian Su-25 in Chechnya, Ta152H-1, Czech Avia S.199, Heinkel He162, Swiss AF Bf109G-6, Regia Aeronautica Bf109G-6, P-47D "Slick Chick", RFC Sopwith Pup, A5M2 Claude, Schneider Cup 1926 Macchi M.39, German F-104G JaboG34, Curtiss P-6E, Curtiss P-36A USAAC, Piper SuperCub floatplane (PA-18-150), Russian built Nieuport 11, Albatros D.Va Seefrontstaffel 1, Bf109G-12 (two-seater trainer), Texas ANG F-86D,  Post-war Hawker Tempest Mk.V

#3 mpk

mpk

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,841 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:47 AM

Thanks Zero! Will check out your kit. :)

• Zero77 likes this

WARNING! Member, MPK, has a brain that is slowly losing function. Some posts may appear strange. If this makes one uncomfortable, I urge one to place MPK on ignore. MPK will try to post as little as possible. If and when will be questions regarding modelling only.

MPK.

#4 Clunkmeister

Clunkmeister

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,002 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:21 PM

Just know that the P.11 is one of their more "fiddly" kits, requiring you to assemble the engine inside the fairing, then install all the individual speed ring supports on the cylinders. they have to be dang near perfectly aligned to ensure the cowl ring fits evenly.

:)

But it's a great little kit, one of my favorite, actually.

• Martinnfb likes this

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users