• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OldTroll

OldTroll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

I guess I'd better get this one on record. It will be in either the kit 601 Sqn. scheme or possibly 600 Sqn. with the blue replaced by white. I spent the last few hours sorting parts by sub-assembly and re-bagging them the same way. I am pleased with everything but the frame pieces which suffered from being in a bag with other pieces. The result was serious distortion and a couple of breaks, neither situation disastrous but completely avoidable by sandwiching the frame sides between pieces of thin cardboard. There are a couple small items that are not yet identified but the process of elimination should sort that out. The casting quality is excellent with no more than a normal amount of "tidying up" being required. The fuselage halves mate up well on the top but will require some adjustment/filling on the bottom. I like the wire cores on the landing gear and interplane struts. This is my first resin model since my HO scale train days of 20-25 years ago when I was addicted to the incredible reesin models produced by The Westerfield Co. (which was for sale, the last I heard.) I have already noticed a difference in the type of resin being used - a softer, easy to carve type that still holds fine detail. This will be essentially an "out of the box" build since I intend to stick to the basics before branching out in more detail on the other three SW models I have. I'll have photos when the identify/remove from sprue/cleanup stage is done and the actual construction begins.

#2 AndersN

AndersN

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:10 PM

Welcome to the Hart family :)

My frame pieces were also distorted. This was "self-straightening" when I glued the cage.

Cheers
Anders

Edited by filthyfirkin, 26 June 2011 - 07:10 PM.

#3 Tomek

Tomek

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:21 PM

So, what happend to your Flea? <_<
Hart's a very beautiful machine so I'm somewhat consoled. :P
Waiting for pictures... Good luck!

Edited by Tomek, 26 June 2011 - 08:22 PM.

#4 OldTroll

OldTroll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

The Flea is still active. I have been working on interior frames for the fuselage - made from card stock, of course!

#5 DougN

DougN

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

Welcome to the GB Ron! Looking forward to seeing this one!

Cheers,

Doug

#6 DougN

DougN

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,241 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 01:41 PM

Alright Ron, time for you to post some in-progress pics! You've got no excuse now, and besides, if you don't have any in-progress pics, you can't win the prize :)

Cheers,

Doug

#7 Tomek

Tomek

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

Poke, poke ...

Ron, don't let us wait <_<

#8 MARU5137

MARU5137

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,346 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:55 AM

The Flea is still active. I have been working on interior frames for the fuselage - made from card stock, of course!

Oh I am so looking forward to your pics...It seems that you are making progress but keeping us waiting with baited breath...and IT'S WORKING !

GOOD LUCK with this one...

Res Non Verba .

La calma è la virtù dei forti !

Potius Mori quam foedari.

#9 OldTroll

OldTroll

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Both the Hart and the Flea are on a high shelf while other interests (non-modelling) have come to the fore. If/when I get back to these projects I will start new threads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users