HK's Latest Mossie out mid May :D

Artful69

I have given up trying to predict kit subjects. Too many guesses way off the beam, too many complete surprises howling out of the sun, too many subjects listed as coming soon but never arrive, too many blindingly obvious subjects passed by, too many Bf109s and FW190s.....

I try and contain my joy until I have the kit actually in my hands.

Apart from the Lancaster and FGR2, of course!!! But they are different!!

Edited by wunwinglow

Very happy with this thread, (in spite of all the re-hashed-to-death arguments about why some want it accurate, and some are happy the way a kit is ;) ) because :

1) I have at last seen a pic that shows the wrong shape of the inner wing of the HK kit is "just" a matter of correcting the slope of the curve, and not too much the height of the upper radiator intake lip relative to the fuselage - and the issue in this correction will not so much be at the wing-to-fuselage joint, but at the nacelle side :( ; tricky this one :hmmm: .

2) I have at last understood what seemed off in the nose/canopy area, and why some (like kkarlsen) had to chop a part of the nose to graft the Tasman vacformed nose, and the HK canopy seemed wrong.

So I literally took James' advice, and got a Revell kit cheap off eBay. The solution for the nose will be to graft the Revell front to HK's rear fuse, and use the Tasman nose and canopy, which I bought already.

Now, I can almost see me moving this one forward on my to-do list. Still hesitating between HB-IMO, and CF-FZG, although my inclination will be towards the no-camo-at-all version :), i.e. Mc Vicars' Mossie.

Hubert

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo,.............................. do any of you guys think Tamiya will release one of these?? Probably not I would suspect eh??

I concur with the others who state that this B.IX/XVI is very likely the only OOB two stage Merlin Mosquito we'll see.

There are all kinds of theories about Tamiya but there's a distinct feeling that 1/32 is being left to lay fallow for a few years.

Just wondering what they are releasing as a big new tool this year (other than the Action Man-sized motorbike).

Tony

I think its the only 32nd scale Two-Stage Mossie we're gonna get, so hopefully when the whining dies down, some people will shrug their shoulders, get on with it and make a nice model from it.

-d-

I for one am not whining.  I'm just happy that I will finally get to build a USAAF PR, without any major surgery.  It will be OOB for me. The absence of camera ports is no big deal, and seems to be an easy fix.  That wing thing is the least of my concerns.  I really don't see much there to be concerned about, that or the nose.  Now if I was an AF decal maker, I would already be thinking about making some USAAF decals for it. (hint)

Ain't she purdee.  That's about as colorful as it gets.

2d55cad1-c687-48bb-99c7-9ae33f619f16_zps

Best regards

Patrick

I for one am not whining.  I'm just happy that I will finally get to build a USAAF PR, without any major surgery.  It will be OOB for me. The absence of camera ports is no big deal, and seems to be an easy fix.  That wing thing is the least of my concerns.  I really don't see much there to be concerned about, that or the nose.  Now if I was an AF decal maker, I would already be thinking about making some USAAF decals for it. (hint)

Ain't she purdee.  That's about as colorful as it gets.

2d55cad1-c687-48bb-99c7-9ae33f619f16_zps

Best regards

Patrick

AM decals already available from Ventura. I used them on this recent build in Jurrasic Plastic:

Mossie%2029.jpg

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=65541

Cheers,

Mark