My first WnW build.......Hansa Brandenburg W.29......FINISHED

monthebiff

Andy

Geez, absolutely fantastic ... the cockpit and woodwork is gorgeous.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Peter,

Thank you so much, normally I like to add a far bit of weathering on a build but this time I am keeping it clean as really I am not sure quite how much to add.

Regards. Andy

Andy,

Lovely work! The wood effect is right on. What are you using to cut the microtube? A handy trick I picked up is to heat Q-tips over a flame and stretch them like sprue...instant micro-tubes!

Cheers, Tom

Hi Tom,

Great ti on the cotton bud thank you, I have made a jig up to cut the tube which works quite well for me.

regards. Andy

Andy, absolutely stunning, not sure if my skills are up to this yet but I am squirrelling your pics

away for when I have a go, if you don't mind............

Phil,

Pictures say a thousand words so go for it you really should just dive in and take the plunge, its a lovely kit and so far is going together beautifully.

Regards. Andy

Even though I was very careful I still ended up with a bit of a step in few places on the lower fuselage that needed some filling/ sanding

20170219_173600_zpsaql5zbzb.jpg

I will be following this up with some Mr Surfacer 1000 before reaching for the paint. I have also started work on the wings which are huge!! These went together really nicely but a big gap/ step needs dealing with on the lower wing

20170219_174634_zpsdpsoap41.jpg

I've also been toying with the idea of sanding away the access hatches etc on the wings and replace them with tthe HGW parts but decided against in the end as to be honest I don;t think the etch parts really bring anything extra to the build to be honest

20170219_180136_zpsbdeshsie.jpg

20170219_174803_zpsswvm8hvc.jpg

As you can see, I,ve not actually used a great deal of the set so far, the engine set is really good but the rest of the etch is really not needed.

Very happy to get some decent progress this weekend.

Regards. Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on getting the upper fuselage closed up, both sections take some careful alignment and care needs taking not to move them while the glue sets. Also I removed the moulded on fixing points on the pilots section and added the superior etched parts from the HGW set.

20170301_202048_zps1uuyulje.jpg

20170301_202130_zpsuv3w4tay.jpg

20170301_202109_zpsm9fknyeb.jpg

Wish I Wish I had used a little more from the HGW exterior set but a little late now a it's time to mask up ready for paint. Also made a start on the lower wings with my first go at trying to replicate doped linen. First up I sprayed a coat of Tamiya Desert Yellow and then masked the rib tapes.

20170301_202524-1_zpsbei8nq7z.jpg

So far so good, then I followed with a light coat of Tamiya Deck Tan, removed the masking tape and went back over with another coat of Deck Tan.

20170301_212136-1_zpsczslbf9l.jpg

20170301_212156-1_zpsyy5jzcuz.jpg

Needs some more work and shading but not sure if it looks right, any comments/ suggestions would be very welcome, As always thanks for looking in.

Regards. Andy

Andy,

I think it looks very good. I believe there's a lot of leeway with how this part of the wings actually looked due to the semi-transluscent linen. Nice work!

Cheers, Tom

Tom,

Thank you for your comments and yes I agree with you that there is plenty of leeway on this, after having another look this afternoon I decided I needed a slightly more yellowish shade so I lightly dusted over some Radome Tan, here is a comparison between aileron's.

20170302_155312_zpsczuhv6tx.jpg

The upper aileron is after a coat of Tan and much happier now with the subtle yellow hue added over the Deck Tan, I think I will seal this in and concentrate on the upper side and have a go at the lozenge decals before moving on to any further weathering.

Regards. Andy

First efforts at applying those large lozenge decals this weekend, really enjoy decaling but this is a little more tricky to get right as its the "paint " scheme and a bit more difficult to put right if you are not happy.

20170305_174655-1_zpsc5eglffc.jpg

Some definite room for improvement but looking forward to weathering the stark looking decals to a more subdued finish.

Regards. Andy

Guest Peterpools

Andy

Absolutely brilliant progress - just knocks me out. Decaling from my end also look perfect.

Keep 'em coming

Peter