"JURASSIC PLASTIC ROCKS ........BYE GEORGE

marauderdriver

It's on hold right now, but I'm well into a build here...

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=59206&hl=

Definitely not OOB, though.

Definitely not OOB Bill, I thank you for the link to your build as it is handy for some PIT colors for my OOB.. Will look forward to

your build when you return to it.

Collector models still deserve to be built!

I built a Revell Yak-25 kit from 1956 (approx). Guess what? Finely scribed panel lines and rivets!

Go on! Show more! Am I really saying this?

:)

I agree Alain, I obtain kits to build or if a REALLY good deal, will pick it up as

Trade Bait.  The nice thing about buying to build,

you don't care if it has a box, much less if it has "Wear and Tear". I have a crap load of pre-80 kits, a lot of the ones I built in my

early years and some my oldest brother built before I was 3 and started watching him.. I really think he taught me patience when I was

young. Mom said I would watch him for hours building and not make a pep.

cool cool!

Happy to see it being built vs. collecting dust on a shelf

Thanks Shawn.  She is "Under Construction" they way it was intended. I build her and than she can collect dust on the ceiling.  HAHAHAHA!

I plan to continue with the Captured Japanese until I have a 5 plane collection with the Oscar and Frank, which I already have.

FREE.

The advantage of being an old geezer is the freedom to make them any way I want.

I like these old kits just as they are. I do not bother with interior details. Retractable landing gears stay retracted. 

I build these models like I used to build the old wood kits of the 1930's-1940s. The fewer details the better. 

I am in no way saying that you should build your models my way. I am just saying that I build them that way. To each his own.

This thread has encouraged me to take my old Revell mid-wing George kit out of the stash and build the seaplane version, the REX.

I gave one of these old Revell kits to my friend Dave Thompson (UMI Models, Planes with Pants Models). He was going to make a resin version since it was obvious that Revell would not repop it. Unfortunately Dave died of a heart attack before he could get deep into it. 

I will build the float parts from the Combat Models  #32-061 Kawanishi N1K "Rex" vacuform kit I have in my stash.

Yes, one may ask the obvious question, why not build the entire vacuform REX kit and build the build the Revell mid-wing George kit as a plain land plane? Or sell it on eBay as it is a collectors item? 

Durned if I know. :hmmm:  Us old codgers are known to do mighty strange things in our dotterage. 

So it's not done yet? :innocent: :innocent: :fight: :fight:

In a word, No.  But please continue to check once in a while.

jack   :coolio: 

FREE.

The advantage of being an old geezer is the freedom to make them any way I want.

I like these old kits just as they are. I do not bother with interior details. Retractable landing gears stay retracted. 

I build these models like I used to build the old wood kits of the 1930's-1940s. The fewer details the better. 

I am in no way saying that you should build your models my way. I am just saying that I build them that way. To each his own.

This thread has encouraged me to take my old Revell mid-wing George kit out of the stash and build the seaplane version, the REX.

I gave one of these old Revell kits to my friend Dave Thompson (UMI Models, Planes with Pants Models). He was going to make a resin version since it was obvious that Revell would not repop it. Unfortunately Dave died of a heart attack before he could get deep into it. 

I will build the float parts from the Combat Models  #32-061 Kawanishi N1K "Rex" vacuform kit I have in my stash.

Yes, one may ask the obvious question, why not build the entire vacuform REX kit and build the build the Revell mid-wing George kit as a plain land plane? Or sell it on eBay as it is a collectors item? 

Durned if I know. :hmmm:  Us old codgers are known to do mighty strange things in our dotterage. 

I LOVE FREEDOM!!.   I agree 100% There will be at least 5 OOB Captured Japanese Fighters in this Collection, possibly 7.

But I'm building them the way I want too. I have other pains in the ass kits and conversions in the stash to

keep my blood pressure up. These have been FUN....and HEY!.Are We Having FUN YET!!! :punk:  :punk:  :punk:  :punk: 

Well BillS,  You warned me about possibly wing warp.....wings seem good....It's the FUSELAGE!!!

I Tamiya thinned the top front, from the 1/2 round of the engine mount to the cockpit.

Will have to finish pit and mount, check fit of the wings ,  before closing the aft fuselage  Plastic is thinOoYt5vX.jpgzLQ06pq.jpgjmEjQfy.jpgpHRyiAH.jpg