Super Etendard books

LSP_K2

As the title suggests, I'm starting to develop a liking for the Super Etendard. Does anyone know of some good reference books on the subject, (aside from the Histoire and Collections book)? My little library is pathetically weak concerning this aircraft.

SuperEtendard.jpg

Thanks fellas,

I have a real love & fascination for Dassault aircraft & from what I've learned so far, this is the least covered of any of their aircraft, even though it served so well & for such a long time. If you happen to find anything, please let me know too

I have a real love & fascination for Dassault aircraft & from what I've learned so far, this is the least covered of any of their aircraft, even though it served so well & for such a long time. If you happen to find anything, please let me know too

I'll try, but I don't offer too much hope. I guess for the moment, the Histoire & Collections book will have to do.

There is the Super Profile you should be able to pick up used.

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/0854293787

Mostly on the Super, but has the history of the entire Etendard series. Lela Press did two huge volumes on the early Etendard and I'm hoping someday the do the Super justice..

Yep, I already have it, though there's not a lot in there of real interest for the modeler. Still it's something I guess, and in conjunction with the above referenced book, is at least a start. I'm sort of surprised that Squadron or someone hasn't done a walk around type book, allthough I suppose the same can be said about lots of aircraft.

Not much indeed http://www.aviationm...id=0&art=105320 there was a scratch built 1/32 Super Etendard made by a French modeller, which was posted online, but I could never find it, he did a 1/32 Rafale which I did see and was impressive.

Thanks Kag. I also discovered this in my pdf collection, a small book from Poland I believe, but still not much help.

SuperEtendard-1.jpg

Hi,

Besides the abovementioned H&C booklet and the old Superprofile, I know at least two other references:

- AMD Etendard Superetendard, written by Alain Pelletier and edited by Ouest-france in 1982, ISBN 2858825661

- Dassault Etendard IV & Super Etendard, written by Alain Crosnier & Jean-Michel Guhl and edited by SupAir publications in 1984, ISBN 286603001X

The first is just a small booklet wich includes some useful close-ups and basic scale plans. The second is highly recommended. It contains excellent scale plans drawed by Georges Olivereau and the two authors were the initial redactors of the French Air Fan magazine. Both are OOP for ages...

HTH

Edited by thierry laurent

Hi,

Besides the abovementioned H&C booklet and the old Superprofile, I know at least two other references:

- AMD Etendard Superetendard, written by Alain Pelletier and edited by Ouest-france in 1982, ISBN 2858825661

- Dassault Etendard IV & Super Etendard, written by Alain Crosnier & Jean-Michel Guhl and edited by SupAir publications in 1984, ISBN 286603001X

The first is just a small booklet wich includes some useful close-ups and basic scale plans. The second is highly recommended. It contains excellent scale plans drawed by Georges Olivereau and the two authors were the initial redactors of the French Air Fan magazine. Both are OOP for ages...

HTH

Whoa, excellent. Thanks Thierry. I'll give them a hunt and see what I can find.