I'm in with one P-51, possibly more

Here's another bit of creative covering for the tail wheel landing gear opening. Just used some shee styrene and hacked at it until it fit then sanded it smooth or atleast I'm still in that process. If all goes well I might get some paint on it today.

post-345-1275400513.jpg

Yes Ronnie, it is too bulbous. It should be a fairly smooth transition from the upper nose contours. Chin scoop looks good so far. Cannot wait to see what you have up your sleeve for this one!

Keep hammering-

THOR :beer4:

I feel pretty good about the air intake now. The splitter bar is a straight pin that was cut to size. The cowling piece didn't fit well with the fuselage and so of course (let's all say it together....) more sanding. I was trying to save this comment for after the build was completed but I feel compelled to say it now. If you are going to build a P-51 in 1/32 I suggest that you don't start with this kit. :beer4: I say use the Hasegawa kit as was mentioned in the general discussion group earlier today. I'm just stubborn and wanted to see how this kit came together since I've never seen a build article using it. :beer: At this point I wish I'd used the Hasegawa kit but it's late in the game and I want to complete this project instead of quitting. Who knows, it might turn out ok so stay tuned and learn from my mistakes. :BANGHEAD2:

post-345-1275401461.jpg

Looks Like your getting it whipped into shape......It is a hard kit to build and I salute you on staying with it and hay it will look like a P-51 when your finished.....I look forward to seeing the finished model....

Texas :closedeyes:

• 1 month later...

Well this group build is nearly over and it doesn't look like I"ll get this one completed in time but I haven't given up yet. I finally got some white primer on it and then the Alclad White Aluminum so it's still transorming into something that looks more like a Mustang.

post-345-1278532730.jpg

This shot shows the schnoz or nose of the spinner as it's been very heavily sanded down to a more tapered look. You can compare earlier images to see how rounded and oversized it looked before. I think it'll look fine once I get some colors on it. I finally have my decals and markings ready so now comes the long process of all that masking and spraying but I really like that part.

post-345-1278533043.jpg

I was able to paint on the full wrap invasion stripes and this is the first time I've done it in 1/32 scale. I'm pretty happy with the results. They're rattle can enamel right over the Alclad "white aluminum". I'm a little escited now as this thing is finally coming together and I"m making progress. So, what does any good modeler do when he's jacked about his latest project? He does some high banking turns around the back yard!!! Can you hear that Merlin engine purrrr?

post-345-1278602559.jpg