AMS Resin corrected intakes for Revell F-4

Harold

Our very own Thierry Laurent did the outer intake shell masters. I am adding the inside and rear trunking.

This side is off a little bit on the upper contour, probably from a mold shift when I cast the thin shell. Not a big deal, but needs correcting.

intake_zpsed809e9e.jpg

insideintake_zps48c74d34.jpg

Harold,

Do they address the length issue? Kit intakes are too from the wing LE to the intake lip from what I have read.

Barry

Harold,

Do they address the length issue? Kit intakes are too from the wing LE to the intake lip from what I have read.

Barry

I think so, I haven't measured anything, but they seem to line up properly. I will look at that right now.

I just checked and compared them to the Tamiya kit as well.

They break in the same spot on each.

Both intakes appear to be close to the same length on both. 

Edited by Harold

Hi folks!

They are indeed VERY similar to the Tamiya ones as I made the masters from them!

However, I had to modify the cross section as both kits are quite different in this area. This part asked for a lot of work. Moreover, all sides of the variramp have also been corrected and detailed and I added the correct number of hinges whereas the Tamiya kit and other aftermarket kits are wrong regarding this. Last, the protruding panels were removed and all the correct panel lines were re-scribed on all faces.

Hth

Thierry

Harold,

Barry

Danged if I can see the difference between the Tamiya intake length and the resin one stuck on the Rev kit.

Danged if I can see the difference between the Tamiya intake length and the resin one stuck on the Rev kit.

I addressed the length issue over in my build.  at the fuselage, from the leading edge of the wing to the front of the intake is 53 to 54 inches depending how good your tape measuring is.

Bruce

The Revell ones are indeed too long but they are also far too high and large. In fact they look more like the ones of a Spey engine Phantom.

Yes, that was what I thought also.

Derek

Please line up a European distributor for AMS.

It's such a pain having to go to the PO depot to pay import VAT and an £8 handling fee on nearly every mail order item.

Having said that, I need two sets for a pair of Luftwaffe Tooms.

Any chance of a clear resin replacement canopy, to correct the "F4H1" profile of the Revell hoods?

Tony