1/32 Tigger (ID) Kawasaki ki-45 Nick

Thomas Lund

• 2 months later...

Allright the time has come to do something to this one...

I've started getting some details into the cockpit, mainly the front bit. I try to stay as true as possible to the lousy references I have, so if they are wrong then this is too. I'm not too concerned - I mainly focus on moving on now.

001_zps5369d005.jpg

010_zps698b5008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Been on quite a modeling low for a while - work, work related travel, family and life. But recently I've picked it up again and did some more on the Ki-45. I think it's interior is ready for painting and then closing up of the fuselage. Did a bit to the wings and nacelles but nothing worth photographing

Overall view of interior with fuel tank and pilots seat - to be mounted after painting.

018x_zpsfeaf2e72.jpg

Rear cabin with seat and some sort of gun mount. 37mm gun under floor (not easily seen here) and assorted niff-naff.

021x_zpsc6282f58.jpg

Front cockpit with instrument panel

022x_zpseb0cd441.jpg

And another view of that

024x_zps22e13463.jpg

And left side of front cockpit - perhaps that console is a bit too blank

027x_zpsbf35815d.jpg

And finally pilots seat and fuel tank (to be mounted in that big void between crew positions

028x_zpsd84be528.jpg

I'd like some feed back - if I close it up it'll be too late

That looks spectacular, Mr. Lund! Certainly nothing that I would criticize. I only wish my scratchbuilding skills were up to this level. Very inspirational.

I think this GB has been buried and not getting as much traffic. That's a shame, because some of the best work ever is going on here, as shown in this thread!

John

I think it looks good to go, but I have no idea what the real one looks like. But still great scratch work buddy......Harv :popcorn:

I like it Thomas- but I do think that the side consoles and instrument panel need a bit of busying up. I have an old issue of Maru Mechanic that had some great shots, as well as a wonderful full color illustration of the Nick's cockpit. Unfortunately, I am 300 miles from my references, so perhaps someone here has this book and can help you out?

But, I think your are definitely close to closing her up!

Great Job-

THOR    :ninja:

Thanks Guys

Thor - I think you are right, a bit more on the consoles and the IP. I do have those color illustrations, and although I'm not completely convinced they are accurate I've based this on them.

Actually I've come to terms with it possibly being inaccurate. It's my first Vac, so just getting it to look good is enough for me. My quest for critique was actually more in the direction of 'looks' rather than accuracy, although I can see I failed to make myself clear

Edited by Thomas Lund