1/32 WW2 Corsair New Resin/PE Cowl

LSP_Matt

Also just placed order-Thanks all! No issues as it was faster than an Ebay purchase for me.

Did want to ask- Is it closed flaps as shown only? And if so, would I be able to fit my resin

"open" set (sorry, can't recall the company name) to it? And sorry if this was discussed on

original thread and I missed it...

LSP_ Matt, first thanks to all involved ! Job well done :goodjob:

I have one question...will this work on the Revell model ? Thats the one I've been waiting on. Again, great job !.....Harv :please:

Don't have the cowl to try, but as the master was partially based on the Revell cowl, it should work. FYI, the Revell cowl will fit on the Trumpy with a bit of work; the Revell cowl is the correct shape while the Trumpy gets smaller towards the nose for some reason.

Also just placed order-Thanks all! No issues as it was faster than an Ebay purchase for me.

Did want to ask- Is it closed flaps as shown only? And if so, would I be able to fit my resin

"open" set (sorry, can't recall the company name) to it? And sorry if this was discussed on

original thread and I missed it...

The PE that is included is only for closed flaps. Chris initially planed this cowl to be used with the Master Caster's open flaps. These can be used with this cowl although I believe they require a little fiddling as they are a tad bit small.

Ron

The PE that is included is only for closed flaps. Chris initially planed this cowl to be used with the Master Caster's open flaps. These can be used with this cowl although I believe they require a little fiddling as they are a tad bit small.

Ron

Thanks for reply Ron. Okay yes, I do recall that was discussed-No problem. That is it-Mastercasters. I had grabbed the last one at Phoenix Nats (almost never happens for me...) and will adapt accordingly if I decide. Good day, Erik.

Okay, beautiful work, unbelievable detail, patience and craftsmanship displayed in it's development, This replacement part has been long over due for the hobby at large.

Now...my (silly ?) question ? SO you have one for the F4U-4 CORSAIR 1/32 TRUMPETER ?

Yours Mike mgtaylor2000@aol.com

Okay, beautiful work, unbelievable detail, patience and craftsmanship displayed in it's development, This replacement part has been long over due for the hobby at large.

Now...my (silly ?) question ? SO you have one for the F4U-4 CORSAIR 1/32 TRUMPETER ?

Yours Mike mgtaylor2000@aol.com

Ummm.......(sub) title of the thread? Maybe I interpreted your question wrong? This cowl is made to replace the misshapen one in the Trumpy F4u-1.

**EDIT** yeah didnt see the "4" sry

Brian

Edited by Out2gtcha

Hi all,

Many thanks for the support and purchases. We have 55 cowls spoken for already with the orders in the system. The first 40 cowls were ready for packaging and dispatch so there will be a tiny lag as Damien casts additional cowls.

Mike- its a good question. I'd direct your question to ChrisS via a PM. Given Chris did the master I'd imagine he'd have a pretty good knowledge of Corsair cowls by now.

Thanks again all

Matty

Errrrrr? YES I did the F4U - "1" on the Thread title, BUT Like the MOD-Ignint dolt that I am who was caught completely Off - Guard by Trumpeter's Annoying ongoing Habit of release's UP to FOUR sequential production versions of the Same Freaking plane, in rapid succession, I got the "Wrong" Corsair !!! All I knew was I wanted a Bubble Canopy Corsair and NOT an Early War "Bird-Cage" version. Ha! Little was I aware at the time what I truly was searching for was a "Mid-War" version and the F4U-1 would have been just perfect as it could be built with either Canopy !! But Nooooooo..... I had to see the "Fancy" Box with a Bubble Canopy of the F4U- "4" ... Only to find out it was delivered so Late in the War it barley was able to see any WWII combat at all and really was an Early "Korean" Ground Attack, Era Aircraft !!! Arrrgh! ANYone want a straight Trade ? AN F4U-1 for a Brand New in the Box, F4U-4 ?

Needless to say that was a painfully expensive lesson. One which has driven me to perform many an internet history search about exactly the specific Mod and or production version a particular plane / kit is being released in now.

Yours Mike