NEW TAMIYA 1/32 OFFERING.

krow113

I hear from reliable sources that is the infamous Gloster Bugsmasher MK IV. Decals for Lithuania and Iceland. (just as reliable as any other guesses on here)

(Bottom line, Tamiya are of course going to release another 1/32 scale kit - assuming the world keeps spinning as planned - but until it is released I dont really care what people think it might be, and it could be any and/or all of those mentioned)

Edited by Alburymodeler

I hear from reliable sources that is the infamous Gloster Bugsmasher MK IV. Decals for Lithuania and Iceland. (just as reliable as any other guesses on here)

Haha!

A Meteor wouldn't be an out of line guess.

He said Lithuania and Iceland, Cool.

Realistically, I would guess a Corsair or a 190, but I'd like a Spitfire Mk.I (or a P-6E, or better yet, a Martin B-10B... like that's going to happen).

Tnarg

I'm loadin the popcorn emoticon for this discussion... :popcorn: . Then I'm loading the dead horse emoticon thereafter. :deadhorse:

Tamiya releases are kept close to the vest (they have pretty good security I'd guess) and what/when won't be known until it's known. Speculating/Hoping/Wishing doesn't do much except waste forum space on some disk, someplace on planet Earth and get people riled up about their favorite aircraft getting the Tamiya treatment and/or the reverse.

George Canare of Tamiya (goes by gtypecanare on most forums) stated as fact that Tamiya was going to have a new 32nd scale kit out this year. He said this at the Nats in Orlando last year. However, every single attempt to get even an idea of what it was going to be was shot down with a sh&t eating grin!

I tried every possible combination of questions to see if he would just provide hints at what it could be.......he just smiled and said '32nd scale' in response to all of them!

Personally, I'm hoping for an F4U Corsair.....a -4 was be killer as the decal options for Korean era subjects are plenty!

Wow!! not one of you got it right.not one...So disappointing :piliot:

Has Tamiya ever offered a 109G in any scale? No!
Will be a huge hit in Japan but perhaps not so much here. A hurricane would be awesome.

me109g6_4_zpsd5d7cd2b.jpg

Ya I'm a bit bored...sue me. :innocent:

Edited by williamj

George Canare of Tamiya (goes by gtypecanare on most forums) stated as fact that Tamiya was going to have a new 32nd scale kit out this year.

George is a member here, but hasn't signed in for nearly 18 months. Odd given the current strength of the LSP category in modelling, and Tamiya's current interest in making flagship models in said category. Perhaps he only lurks now, and I need to call him out in my de-lurking thread!

Me, I'm hoping for a new 1/32 kit from Tamiya.

Kev

George Canare of Tamiya (goes by gtypecanare on most forums) stated as fact that Tamiya was going to have a new 32nd scale kit out this year. He said this at the Nats in Orlando last year. However, every single attempt to get even an idea of what it was going to be was shot down with a sh&t eating grin!

I tried every possible combination of questions to see if he would just provide hints at what it could be.......he just smiled and said '32nd scale' in response to all of them!

Personally, I'm hoping for an F4U Corsair.....a -4 was be killer as the decal options for Korean era subjects are plenty!

This guy (George) has been correct every time in the past, so he definitely knows. The fact that he keeps his mouth firmly shut, keeps earning him the right to stay within the inner circle year after year. We just need to find a way to make him talk.

I'll admit it, I'll buy anything that Tamiya puts in box in 1:32 scale. I buy nearly every thing they do in 1:48, lots of 1:35, a healthy dose of 1:24 & 1:12 scale cars and bikes too. I'd love to keep guessing what will be next, but that is all it would be, a guess. So I'll play along, I'm going out on a limb here and saying jet.

Ron

Hey TimC..there's plenty of space to go around. If this thread bothers you, you can aways give it a pass :) I don't understand why peeps get uptight about discussing what Tamiya's next kit will be.

Cheers

Brad

I'm loadin the popcorn emoticon for this discussion... :popcorn: . Then I'm loading the dead horse emoticon thereafter. :deadhorse:

Tamiya releases are kept close to the vest (they have pretty good security I'd guess) and what/when won't be known until it's known. Speculating/Hoping/Wishing doesn't do much except waste forum space on some disk, someplace on planet Earth and get people riled up about their favorite aircraft getting the Tamiya treatment and/or the reverse.