1/32 P-51D Tamiya

rafju

Now THIS is what I (along with a million others probably) have been waiting for!

No offence at ALL to ZM as I will DEFINITELY be ordering one of their spads, but this is Tamiya. Period. No contests here in my book...........second to none in (so far anyway) new tool 32nd scale accuracy, detail and shape. IMHO.

Cheers,

Brian

Oh dear ! :beer4:

So... maybe all what has been said on that other thread about Bob Swadding announcement, all the fun and laugh we had at him (including myself) was not quite dicerved afterall...

I mean that despite his announcement was not very "clear" and, at the time, could have been anything anytime, the fact that only a few days after there are announcements and preorders of aircraft X being released by T can not be just a coincidence to me, he did know for sure.

So, even if that was not rude at all, I want to appology for what I said previously :closedeyes:

Weel that seems to be he least suprising announcement finally confirmed - the price seems to be slightly less than the Spit , but i'm guessing it'll still be around £90+ when it hits the Uk .. ah well!!!

Also in the HLJ sneak peaks , box art for the Hasagawa Raiden , and a revised Bf-109F-6 Galland

HLJ Hasagawa highlights

Finally... Hurrrrra!! Na endlich!

I hope Tamiya does better than dragon and Trumpeter, but this is not very difficult ;-)

If the stang turns out the same way like the spit, it is MY kit of the century.

YESSSSS!

Btw: Anyone interessted in a Trump P-51D with lots of aftermarket stuff? ;-)

Yes. They spent an entire day at NASM in DC. The NASM airplane appears to be the only existing Mustang that is still in its original WWII configuration from stem to stern. It was retired without having been massively modified, and has been in the museum's collection for many decades. Apparently they found out that most other Mustangs have post-war mods that they weren't aware were post-war mods. NASM has tons of information on the P-51, of which they availed themselves as well.

Upshot, this ought to be every inch the equal of the Spits and Zeros, only Mustang shaped! I'm STOKED!

:)

Thank you for the info, I am glad that Tamiya is taking into account all the details, and hope to see lot more from them in this series in the future. :party0023:

Edited by Thomas V

Jennings...you get to say "told you so!!" :D I don't mind!!!

Wow, just wow!!...I felt some relief too now that it's confirmed. Some of those last threads were casting some doubts in my mind that maybe it was something else like a Corsair. Maybe the Corsair deserves some Tamiya love, but it's not on my list of "like to see" right away.

This is going to hurt my hobby account balance!! I'll start with three. And I'll probably have to order from HLJ early, I'm guessing Canada is not on the "first dibs" list this time!

Sorry, gotta go follow that HLJ link...

Cheers,

Richard

A Mustang III (P-51B/C) would be SO welcome, but I think the changes in tooling would be a bit more involved than the Spit IX to XVI change. Wings, wheel wells, wheel covers, fuselage, complete cockpit, some panel changes. But it's certainly possible and something a lot of us would love to see.

People are already asking about Allison-engined Mustangs on other forums, but that would mean a new mould. Too many differences between Merlin and Allison versions.

Funny, we just get something we want and we're already looking for something more!

Cheers,

Richard