1/32 Hasegawa P-40E Warhawk "Old Exterminator" FINISHED !

Tolga ULGUR

Great start. I did the same build order of attaching the tail first and it really seemed to help the build. I look forward to watching this!

Thanks

This is my second Hasegawa s 1/32 P-40 and I recommend all to install firstly tail section to the fuselage halves for a good result.

You can see my first P-40 RAF Kittyhawk “London Prideâ€

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=1882

Thanks[/size]

This is my second Hasegawa s 1/32 P-40 and I recommend all to install firstly tail section to the fuselage halves for a good result.[/size]

You can see my first P-40 RAF Kittyhawk “London Prideâ€[/size]

[/size]https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=1882

Nice work!

As it happens, I'm building my second Hasegawa P-40 right now, too.

IMG_0641.jpg

You are absolutely right about installing the tail sections to the fuselage halves first.

FYI,  the forward windscreen has a frame that doesn't belong there.  The front left and right glass are one piece not two. Hasegawa messed that up.  The angled frame running through them can easily be sanded off and polished out with toothpaste.

tony_banta2.jpg

Thanks for the advice Ron

Hasegawa had fixed this piece in the following years

The model on hand should be from the next production line.No problem on the windscreen. It s one piece. 

AdamR,

As mentioned, that bit of canopy bracing (only on the left-front windscreen) is only present on some of the P-40N late models and maybe some P-40Ms.

Yours is a P-40E and that bracing should not be there. Hope we caught it in time before you painted!

Edited by KUROK

AdamR,

As mentioned, that bit of canopy bracing (only on the left-front windscreen) is only present on some of the P-40N late models and maybe some P-40Ms.

Yours is a P-40E and that bracing should not be there. Hope we caught it in time before you painted!

Before I painted, but not before the masking is on! Oh, well, I'll mask that bit off and polish the frame out after the masks come off.

How odd that only the left side was made that way! I wonder why. Anyway, thanks very much for the heads-up, KUROK.

Edit: Turns out that gap you see on the forward quarter glass is not a frame member, but a gap in the Eduard canopy mask. It has a piece of Tamiya tape over it now. Perhaps the mask was produced before Hasegawa fixed the canopy problem. Whatever, there will be no canopy correction required. Thanks again to KUROK for looking out for us.

Edited by AdamR