AVIA C-10 a.k.a. S-99 a.k.a. Bf-109G 10/14 AS

Guest Martinnfb

There is something about Hasegawa 109 that your parents won't tell you about. The width of the canopy, about 2mm too wide. So I started carving and peeling layer after layer, until I was able to fit Revell's canopy on it. It is not done yet , but getting close. Please ignore the offset backplate in the rear of the cockpit it will be completely redone. Stay tuned.

uIXDpIy.jpg

here you can see how much had to go :(

UY9XRGQ.jpg

and here is the representation of the rubber seal made of semi-round evergreen stripe. That funny looking squared paneling is not so visible on the real plane, it will be filled and replaced by rivet lines.

QtFx4gV.jpg

EDIT: the reason why I am doing this is simple, S-99 with take place alongside S-199 that is based on Revell kit, therefore I am trying to eliminate proportional differences . Having said that Revell is much better in terms of the shape of fuselage and wings.

Edited by Martinnfb

It was indeed. the show was aired world-wide, some critics are calling it the "best ever" produced series. Gary Matter is company that Mr. White established, never mind,,,watch it, it is well worth your time, little on the dark side, but very good.

Back to the point . AVIA

s199-1.jpg

I was little busy in past few days, so here is some progress pic. , new venting, reinforcement plates and some rivets added. The venting looks crude, I wish I know how to photo etched stuff, this could have been an easy fix.

cjVJfuc.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank You William, I've been working steadily on this with a few hiccups  the fuselage is ready for cockpit. I used Roy's spinner after I drilled crocket holes through it ...twice :) and also his G-10 radiator , that I modified slightly to fit. 

The nose was primed and gun slots filled and sanded in order to smother the edgy Hasegawa look . Supercharger intake is from Amur riever a great product, that comes together with it's base as it s on the real one, that saves lots of strife and foul language.

vNxJY73.jpg

An out of focus fuselage, you can see the distressed parts in silver.

5R1qZEW.jpg