1/32 Tamiya F-15C Aggressor

chuck540z3

Although too clean for my taste, I found this Eagle to be pretty great!

Good job and I loved the decaling tutorial that was attached to that build.

KUDOS!

Thank you sir!

I struggled with the weathering myself.  My reputation is to weather too much, so it was very hard for me to hold back.  Having said that, how do you apply heavy weathering to this (all my pics)?

yIHhjt.jpg

u0wX5Q.jpg

asnayW.jpg

TfTRSm.jpg

Look at that landing gear and door!  They look brand new.

HVh0v9.jpg

One can say that this Eagle was washed up for the airshow, which it no doubt was, but I like to replicate what I see in person.  Also, based upon many other pics of F-15 Aggressors outside of airshows, "clean" appears to be the norm.

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

Hey Chuck!

You are correct, this aircraft has been prepped for the show. And there is no wrong in doing a replica of that particular moment in time.

I loved clean airplanes before but nowadays I prefer more weathered birds which is closer to reality. 

My fare share of Eagle encounters says that they don't look like the one in the pictures. Even though that is in reality, it's not real situation per se. Last picture of the tires is a perfect proof: after a car wash, tires look that, when they are being treated and this is good for 15 minutes or less.

By the way I have never ever seen tires of an aircraft in that shape and I've spent my life around all kinds of birds. Pretty nice job of the maintenance team.

Its great to have show planes in scale too though.

P.S. I've never been that close to an Aggressor Eagle though, they might keep them cleaner. But I doubt it would be that much.

Guest Peterpools

Chuck

Completely blown away .. I followed your adventure from day one and have been amazed at how you dealt with each problem and the solution. Simply meticulous work.

I tip my hat to a simply stellar build; amazing work

Of course, being an old Nikon guy and having owned and shot with the D610, D810 and now the D850,  I prefer to bracket over and under up to 5 images and combine them in either Lightroom or photoshop so I can control the highlight and shadow detail. Either way, your images are razor sharp, WB is on the money and the details pop. Your photography is as exceptional as your builds.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Thanks again guys!  You are all too kind and I appreciate every comment.

Chuck

Completely blown away .. I followed your adventure from day one and have been amazed at how you dealt with each problem and the solution. Simply meticulous work.

I tip my hat to a simply stellar build; amazing work

Of course, being an old Nikon guy and having owned and shot with the D610, D810 and now the D850,  I prefer to bracket over and under up to 5 images and combine them in either Lightroom or photoshop so I can control the highlight and shadow detail. Either way, your images are razor sharp, WB is on the money and the details pop. Your photography is as exceptional as your builds.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

Hi Peter!  Really good to see one of your posts over here on LSP again.

I considered the D850, but the reality is that I don't know 2/3's of the stuff that the D810 is capable of, so for me it's a waste of the extra money required to change.  I bet it's a beauty though.  I am very jealous.

As for photo editing, I just do the basics and I'm not really into too much computer editing.  I don't have enough time to model, much less play with pics all night!  Your pics, however, always show a lot of skill to make them so crisp.

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3