Heads up! New 1/32 Ohka kit by Radu Brinzan announced

jeroenpeters

If i didn't have the HPH Ohka already, I would have certainly bought one. A cool subject that will go nice alongside my Reichenberg.

I am noticing more and more we as large scale modelers are getting spoiled. Standard reactions to new offerings are:

• too expensive

• why don't they make a ...., instead of a ......

I'm waiting for the:

• i heard someone say the dimensions and shape are all wrong.

Cheers!

Looks amazing.

64 Euro's plus shipping. Maybe one for the enthusiasts?

Thanks DeanKB. :-) 

That price also includes VAT. The price outside European Union is 52 euro (the store removes it automatically at the checkout).  

If i didn't have the HPH Ohka already, I would have certainly bought one.

This is a different type of Ohka and has nothing in common with the type 11 already released by HpH. In my personal opinion, the type 22 was better-looking. ;-) 

As for the V-1... I have done quite a lot of 3D work on a V-1 and on a Reichenberg a few years ago but I never really brought either to completion. 

Radu 

The windscreen is clear resin and the sliding canopy is vacuform. The sliding canopy is very "snug-fitting" on the real thing, so the only way to make it accurately was to make it in vacuform plastic. A clear resin sliding canopy would need to be a certain thickness for casting, but that would interfere with that "snug-fit".

Radu  

Looks nice, and i agree completely different animal than the type 11. Who did you get to print the decals and make the resin parts?

Thanks everyone for your support.

The resin parts were cast by CMK and the decals were printed by Fantasy Printshop. I designed all masters. 

HTH 

Radu 

• 2 weeks later...

My kit arrived today so I thought I would do a quick run down for those interested in buying it. Sorry no pictures because photobucket and posting pics on the net in general is just a pain any more...

PROS

Its rapid prototyped CAD so the detail is better than can be done by hand!

Casting is super sharp

cockpit is especially well done

seperate control surfaces

Decals are stunning, the stencils are extremely well done

PE is well done also as are the belts

Vac canopy has a spare just in case to ease the tension!

Instruction booklet is really well illustrated

Definately one of the best resin kits I have ever seen

CONS

Missing parts, my example is missing both intakes (Items R22) and some of the mass balances

Broken parts, a couple of the tubing portions are broken

Actual parts are not labeled, should be no problem though with the excellent instructions

Resin windscreen has some pitting, which is a shame because its well molded

Instructions available on-line only (no problem for me but might be for some)

Overall excellent kit, with some of the best casting I have ever seen, way better than HPH for example. I just can't understand why manufactuers take the time to develop and cast these beautiful parts and cram them all into a little ziploc bag so they knock around and get damaged. I will be starting this one very soon time permitting. Thanks to RB Productions for putting together this great little kit!

Edited by Brian79