F-84E Thunderjet

bigsteve

Guest Clunkmeister

This is very much cool! It's about dang time!

Both to the F-84 and to you, Sir, for finally coming over here....

I'm looking forward to the build.

Are you using a resin 'pit, Eduard anything, or AM decals, or straight OOB?

Remember that you have a G speedbrake in that kit which is incorrect for that plane, but I have a correct spare for the E if you need one.

This is very much cool! It's about dang time!

Both to the F-84 and to you, Sir, for finally coming over here....

I'm looking forward to the build.

Are you using a resin 'pit, Eduard anything, or AM decals, or straight OOB?

Remember that you have a G speedbrake in that kit which is incorrect for that plane, but I have a correct spare for the E if you need one.

Hi clunkmeister,as this is my first post I will be building it straight from the box, no resin, no etch, no decals just out of the box. Except for the speed brake which Paul has informed me is not correct for the "E" model so I'll correct this and the other reason is I also have an F-84E complete with a BigEd set so I've still got that to go at.

Here is a little video I found to help keep you inspired, Lots of neat  film of the various versions including the E/G in Korea.

Paul

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM0hpYfbCEY

Hi Paul thanks for all your help with this post and the additional help and information, I could not get the post to work correctly from my laptop but it was simple from my iPad, that was defiantly a senior moment I've made a start and got several sub assembly's built it's now to primer and paint. I'll post some pic's of my progress shortly. Once again thank's for all your help.

I found this a really nice build even OOB,  Even a little work on the gunsight and seat rails will

enhance the build and easy to do.

The Kit decals were the BEST decals I have ever used, but did not use the vertical stabilizer striped one.

When I build my G I'm going to use all the kit decals

Separate the warning outline from some of the stencils on the both sides on the mid-fuselage for a better fit.

I use the Mirco-Scale system and you cannot see any film or silvering.

Have FUN with this kit

watch'in you :hi:

Jack

I found this a really nice build even OOB,  Even a little work on the gunsight and seat rails will

enhance the build and easy to do.

The Kit decals were the BEST decals I have ever used, but did not use the vertical stabilizer striped one.

When I build my G I'm going to use all the kit decals

Separate the warning outline from some of the stencils on the both sides on the mid-fuselage for a better fit.

I use the Mirco-Scale system and you cannot see any film or silvering.

Have FUN with this kit

watch'in you :hi:

Jack

Hi Jack thanks for the post, i've made a start on the kit and have got several sub assemblies built and the fit of the parts is stunning I'll try and get some pictures posted later of what I've done so far.

Regards Steve.

Well folks, got down to some work on the F-84 building as many sub assembly's as possible and then on to primer but this time I'm going to try a new product to me it's an adhesion promoter which is a clear alcohol based product which you spray on everything and leave for 30 minutes and your ready to go with any type of primer or paint.

By the way I have to congratulate Hobby Boss on their kit the fit of the parts is absolutely superb one of the best I've ever put together, well done Hobby Boss.

Dropped a couple of pictures in for you to see the progress.

Regards Steve.

image.jpg1_zpswu7dqlud.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsihnzbbmm.jpg

Edited by bigsteve

Your box reminds me somehow about the 21st Century kits :) Pre-assembled kits :thumbsup:

I guess the "promoter" is intended to clean grease and remnants from surface. Great idea given the time needed when washing the kit with soap water and wait to have it dry again - especially from the water that made it into the cavities.

- dutik

Your box reminds me somehow about the 21st Century kits :) Pre-assembled kits :thumbsup:

I guess the "promoter" is intended to clean grease and remnants from surface. Great idea given the time needed when washing the kit with soap water and wait to have it dry again - especially from the water that made it into the cavities.

- dutik

Hi Dutik, thankfully I don't you'se soap and water anymore I clean everything with FMW model clean it does the job very well and is easy to use. You just spray it on give it a brush over and blow it off or just let it air dry then you're ready for primer or this time adhesion promoter.

Regards Steve.

[...] I clean everything with FMW model clean it does the job very well and is easy to use.

I'd like to hear more about this product! A Google search delivered me to a site called Foothill Model Works, but I couldn't find anything called 'model clean' there.

Kev

Well folks, got down to some work on the F-84 building as many sub assembly's as possible and then on to primer but this time I'm going to try a new product to me it's an adhesion promoter which is a clear alcohol based product which you spray on everything and leave for 30 minutes and your ready to go with any type of primer or paint.

By the way I have to congratulate Hobby Boss on their kit the fit of the parts is absolutely superb one of the best I've ever put together, well done Hobby Boss.

Dropped a couple of pictures in for you to see the progress.

Regards Steve.

image.jpg1_zpswu7dqlud.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsihnzbbmm.jpg

Looking great Steve!  Excellent progress, looking forward to seeing what you do next.

All the best,

Paul